🐈
» Forums » Bulletin Board » Meet our Community Featured Contributor Claud...
Page options
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Meet our Community Featured Contributor Claudia Z.

Meet our Community Featured Contributor Claudia Z.

cz.jpg

• What job category do you work in?
    WordPress Development & Miscellaneous

• When did you begin using Upwork?

• Tell us a little about yourself and how you got started Freelancing, or running your business online?
    I was working as a clerk in a construction company when a friend asked me about the company website. He told me that if the company doesn't have a website they don't exist. It was early in 2003, I thought he was just trying to belittle me. Pending to be assigned a role in the marketing department after the completion of my studies, I started to learn about web design and development to build a website for that company. I become interested in running affiliate programs, one thing leading to another I was simply absorbed by working online.

• What do you enjoy the most/least about working online, Claudia?
    I like that it's atemporal, I don't keep my eyes on the clock to wake up neither to leave.

• What was your most successful project/contract?
    All projects that I worked on were most successful. I complete the project to the satisfaction of the client and I get paid, that's it.

• Do you have any advice for other users on Upwork?
    Maybe you wake up some day in front of a child support hearing officer asking when was the last time you were employed and if you are looking for a job.... try to explain yourself in a coherent sentence once you realize you just answered with an unequivocal "Yes, I'm currently looking for a job!" followed by "I haven't been employed for more than 15 years." They know you are not going to get a "job" anytime soon.

• Anything else you want to add? You can also share some fun interesting things about you Smiley Happy
    I'm not a very talkative person. To share a random experience ... once I thought it's a great idea to take a flight with a long layover. I was looking forward to spend about 12 hours in an airport, in my mind I imagined it to be idyllic, no rush, to observe the people, have a coffee, flick through a newspaper in a language I don't understand. It turned out to be the longest hours and stupidest idea ever, it was as if my whole life has passed before my eyes.
~ Vladimir
Upwork
8 REPLIES 8
ravi_iitian
Community Member

Congratulations, Claudia.

"Certa bonum certamen"

Thank you Ravindra!

Great work

12f7a6db
Community Member

Congratulations
fd9d7243
Community Member

Can i apply

Hi Roby,

I would like to clarify that we are using a certain set of criteria when selecting a featured contributor. We do look at users' activity in the Community forums as one of the principal factors. You can check the users whom we've featured thus far and stay tuned as we're going to announce our next featured contributor soon. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

A big Congrats, Claudia.

ahmedhaseeb007
Community Member

Very nice Claudia. I really agree with your advice and its the reality.

Congrats. Great work keep Rocking.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths