🐈
» Forums » Bulletin Board » Re: Meet our Community Featured Contributor V...
Page options
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Meet our Community Featured Contributor Viacheslav K.

Meet our Community Featured Contributor Viacheslav K.

Via.jpeg

• What job category do you work in?
    Full Stack Web Development

• When did you begin using Upwork?
    April 2015

• Tell us a little about yourself and how you got started Freelancing, or running your business online?
    I was on my second year studying Math at a University, when my friend that was working on Upwork, told me that no one asked for his degree when he was hired. Feeling that I could do better focusing my time learning how to code myself, I left. And 2 years later, on the first week of looking for work, I found my first job on Upwork.

• What do you enjoy the most/least about working online, Viacheslav?
    I love the flexibility! I can work as many hours as I feel productive. I love being able to work from home.

• What was your most successful project/contract?
    Many web project run out of budget without being able to earn back their investment. But there was one client that wanted to make a cryptocurrency trading bot website. I am very skeptical about that field, because often clients believe it’s a money printer. But when the project went public there was an overwhelming positive feedback and he earned back everything he invested in the first months.

• Do you have any advice for other users on Upwork?
    Always be honest! Integrity is what will help you find the best clients, and make the communication work on the long run!

• Anything else you want to add? You can also share some fun interesting things about you Smiley Happy
    I spoke 5 languages by the age of 5. I was born in a village near the Romanian border in Ukraine, where people spoke in Ukrainian, Russian and Romanian. And additionally learned English and German by watching cartoons and anime that aired by that time on satellite TV.
~ Vladimir
Upwork
9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Congrats! Enjoy the dozen-a-day PMs you'll get now with people asking where their connects are, why their accounts are suspended, how to close a contract, where their money is .... LOL

5 languages at the age of 5 is very impressive! Isn't  Ukrainian much like Russian? I know Romanian is not too dissimilar to Italian (which I speak reasonably poorly).

2a05aa63
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Congrats! Enjoy the dozen-a-day PMs you'll get now with people asking where their connects are, why their accounts are suspended, how to close a contract, where their money is .... LOL

5 languages at the age of 5 is very impressive! Isn't  Ukrainian much like Russian? I know Romanian is not too dissimilar to Italian (which I speak reasonably poorly).

ha-ha can't wait.

Ukrainian is pretty close to Russian, but people speak it because of the Soviet Union,  Belarussian and Polish are much more closer.

Yes, Romanian uses some Italian words!

Congratulations!
May the reign be light to you Smiley Very Happy

I like your new picture.

data_divas
Community Member

You are one of the more super helpful people here.

Nice job!

tilkausa
Community Member

Congratulation for sharing your way of journey and success on upwork.

I just reviewed your profile, and it is superb. Short, business-like and to the point. I went through your project history and you did the pricing right. Start at a relatively low level (not slave wages) and as you prove yourself regularly raise your rate. You're still charging less than the market will bear, but you may be getting what you want out of it; personal choice.

I noted you listed less than thirty hours/week availability. Smart. A professional needs to spend time improving his skills, networking, presenting papers and decompressing. I try to avoid hiring people willing to work 40 hours/week. They  never get better.

Petra exaggerates. Most days it's no more than eight or nine freelancers demanding  you fix their lives.

Bill H wrote:

I just reviewed your profile, and it is superb. Short, business-like and to the point. I went through your project history and you did the pricing right. Start at a relatively low level (not slave wages) and as you prove yourself regularly raise your rate. You're still charging less than the market will bear, but you may be getting what you want out of it; personal choice.

I noted you listed less than thirty hours/week availability. Smart. A professional needs to spend time improving his skills, networking, presenting papers and decompressing. I try to avoid hiring people willing to work 40 hours/week. They  never get better.

Petra exaggerates. Most days it's no more than eight or nine freelancers demanding  you fix their lives.

Thank you! I like working as many hours as I feel productive. Any overtime is just something you have to redo the next day. When working hourly, this does really matter for clients.

Congratulations, Viacheslav.

"Certa bonum certamen"
nabila_pervaiz
Community Member

Congratulations. He helped me a lot and always available whenever I encounter an unexpected situation on this platform. 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths