cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotlight on Featured Contributor Melissa T.

Community Guru
Amy T Member Since: Jan 31, 2013
11 of 28

Congrats!!

Community Guru
Oreofe J Member Since: May 8, 2015
12 of 28

Melissa did you design the featured contributor banner showing your pix ? Smiley Wink

Lovely stuff , caught my attention right away and its one of the coolest banners I have seen in a while on the community forum.

RE

------------

I skydive and ski, but I'm terrified of heights.

-------------

Still trying to wrap my head around that combo .....lolz....

Congratulations and wishing all the best in the freelancing world.

Regards.

Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
13 of 28

Oreofe, I didn't, but I love it, too! So well done. Kudos to whomever created that banner for sure. 

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
14 of 28

awesome! I thought your hair was just pulled back like in a pony tail, but now I see you have cool rocker hair. Awwww yeah babyyyyyyyy.

I am terrified of heights too and was thinking about flying lessons. I was reading a story by someone else who did it. Spent about $25k for the total amount of classes, and then chartered a plane across his state. Pretty cool!

If you do it let me know, because It's something I've been considering myself.

And you didn't mention Orangetheory, missy. Smiley Very Happy

Community Guru
15 of 28

Know what's funny? In my profile pic my hair is just pinned back. I shaved the side a couple days after taking that photo. I keep wanting to go shorter, I think I might do the other side and leave the top all moppy. It's curly, so it does whatever the heck it feels like anyway. There's no use trying to tame it. Plus, it's only hair... it'll grow back. 

Re: flying - do it! The hubs has had a life-long dream of gettig his private pilot's license. I, on the other hand, don't neccessarily enjoy flying. Had a friend die in a plane crash in college, it took the shine off the penny for me. However, hubs has type 1 diabetes and uses an insulin pump and constant glucose monitor. He's super healthy, in spite of the big D, but he still has to be medically cleared by the FAA before being allowed to start training. If he passes (and who knows when we'll find out since the FAA has had his application for 10 weeks already) I promised I'd also get my license so we could always have a backup in the extremely unlikely event of him needing some D-related assistance in the air. I'd much rather put myself out of my comfort zone and deal with my fears than spend the rest of our lives knowing he didn't get his license because I was afraid. I'm big on people following their dreams when they can. Couldn't very well discourage my most favorite person ever from pursuing his. 

And Orangetheory doesn't open until October! ;-)

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
16 of 28

That's awesome! Well not the D part... the flying part.

I like the hair a lot. You're right about the curly making it work. It looks good. I like it. 

And oops about Orangetheory. I forgot that part. 

Community Guru
Oreofe J Member Since: May 8, 2015
17 of 28

RE:

-----

I promised I'd also get my license so we could always have a backup in the extremely unlikely event of him needing some D-related assistance in the air. I'd much rather put myself out of my comfort zone and deal with my fears than spend the rest of our lives knowing he didn't get his license because I was afraid.

-----

Awesome.

Aziz A Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
18 of 28

Congratulations Melissa!!

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
19 of 28

Nice to see you recognized, Melissa, and read a bit about your life and your path here. I look forward to your always on-point, insightful, and empathetic posts.

Best,

Michael

Community Guru
20 of 28

@Douglas Michael M wrote:

Nice to see you recognized, Melissa, and read a bit about your life and your path here. I look forward to your always on-point, insightful, and empathetic posts.

Best,

Michael

That's how I feel about YOUR posts, good sir! :-) 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS