cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotlight on Featured Contributor Melissa T.

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
21 of 28

Thanks, Melissa. I think I get dinged now and then on empathy.

B^)

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
22 of 28

Melissa you should start a workshop on overcoming fear of heights - I would be the first to join. You are a lesson to us all. I lose all feeling in my hands just looking at pictures of mountains - and if I can help it, I never, ever sit near a window in a plane . . .

Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
23 of 28

Nichola, I'm overcoming my fear. Notice the verb tense. It's not past. :-) 

I don't enjoy sitting in a window seat of a commercial plane. Small planes are somehow more comforting and comfortable. Much less fear involved in small ones for me. You'd think it would be the other way around, but I'm a weirdo. FWIW, today my son climbed a very tall structure at a playground and sat at the top, swinging his feet, giggling. I was below him, on a bench, with my stomach in my throat. You know what that wiseacre said to me about it? "Don't project your fears on me, Mom. I love this stuff!" (note to self: stop explaining concepts to son which can be thrown back in own face)

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
24 of 28

Somebody, whom I loved dearly, gave me tickets to ride in a balloon, as a special, special birthday treat. I just could not do it . . . I won't tell you the rest . . .

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
25 of 28

@Douglas Michael M wrote:

Thanks, Melissa. I think I get dinged now and then on empathy.

B^)

Come on over to my side of the couch, Michael. Smiley Happy 

Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
26 of 28

Congrats Melissa!

I really enjoyed reading your post. This caught my attention:

"I skydive and ski, but I'm terrified of heights. Next year I'm planning to start studying for my private pilot's license. Maybe a little self-imposed immersion therapy for my heights fear?"

The thing I admire about you is that despite your fear of heights, not only are you skydiving, you are also planning on getting the private pilot's license. If you can face your fears, you can do anything. You are very brave and I wish you the best of luck with the license. Smiley Happy

Community Guru
27 of 28

Thanks very much, Natasa! :-)

Community Guru
28 of 28

My fear immersion therapy started earlier than we planned... 

IMG_5440.JPG

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS