cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips on Avoiding Procrastination and Increasing your Productivity

Ace Contributor
Jason D Member Since: Dec 8, 2015
21 of 29

I find myself coming to browse the Upwork forums when I should be tracking down new leads and customers. So in this situation, I'm actually procrastinating by writing in a thread about procrastination.

Community Guru
Dawn L Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
22 of 29

@jason D wrote:

I find myself coming to browse the Upwork forums when I should be tracking down new leads and customers. So in this situation, I'm actually procrastinating by writing in a thread about procrastination.

Oh the irony! Hahaha!

Ace Contributor
Christine C Member Since: Oct 7, 2015
23 of 29

What keeps me from procrastinating is knowing that if I don't finish my work I won't get paid. Sorry too be so venal...

Community Leader
Geomaria G Member Since: Mar 6, 2015
24 of 29

Very genuine, Wassim. 

Amazing Write-up. Kudos! 

One fact is that, human brain also feels sleep TWICE a day. According to science it as at 2 pm and 2 am. Most people try to sleep it off and wake up with regret while others try to put up with it, only to be trapped in a vicious cycle of procrastination. The last bit is my hypothesis, but I think its true  from my experience.  

Geo Maria George
Thomas T Member Since: Oct 24, 2016
25 of 29

Great article, thanks. Knowing how you spent your time is definitely an important part of this.

For time tracking, I'd also recommend that you consider TimeSheet Reporter, which makes it possible to track time based on your Outlook calendar appointments.
There's also a great article on how to find a time reporting solution.

So I'd recommend these two links:

TimeSheet Reporter

How to select the best timesheet software

My two cents. Smiley Happy

Cheers.

Varun D Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
26 of 29

Hi Wassim,

That was so thoughtful of you to get to the core of 'Procrastination' rather than just babbling and googling tips about how to get rid of it.( That is what we often tend to do)

I hope, people will seek som serious help through this.

Thanks.

Regards,

Varun

Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
27 of 29

This is a fascinating blog post on procrastination and I found it applies to me directly: Why Procrastinators Procrastinate. It helped me understand why I can bash out a 50-page/6000-word report for university in a weekend but can't finish organising my bookshelves...for the uni report I have a hard deadline so the Panic Monster wakes up, but for the bookshelves I don't so it never wakes up to stop the Instant Gratification Monkey from playing computer games.

Lindsay C Member Since: May 13, 2017
28 of 29

I procrastinate a lot.

I think it is mainlt because i have way too many things spinning around my head and i am trying to multi-task but really not getting anywhere.

Love this though...might help:

Community Guru
Tamaz J Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
29 of 29

"Tips on Avoiding Procrastination and Increasing your Productivity" - make deadlines shorter ...  Smiley Tongue Smiley LOL

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS