🐈
» Forums » Bulletin Board » Webinar: Beginning Your Freelancer Journey on...
Page options
samantha_huls
Community Member

Webinar: Beginning Your Freelancer Journey on Upwork

Hey everyone,

If you recently attended my “Beginning Your Freelancer Journey on Upwork” webinar, you may have some follow-up questions. It’s a lot of information that we pack into our 1-hour session together and we're not able to address all your questions in that setting. 

So, let’s continue the conversation!  Bring your questions and we’ll keep talking about how to be successful on Upwork - with resources, tips, and ideas on how to land jobs and grow your freelancing business.  

If you haven’t attended “Beginning Your Freelancer Journey on Upwork”, you can register for an upcoming webinar on our Upwork Events page, or view the recorded version of it below. 

In the webinar, we talk about things like:

• How to find and apply for jobs
  • Communicating with clients on the platform
  • Getting paid

We are so excited to have you on the platform and I hope that you continue to feel supported by us as you move forward on your own journey. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

-Sam

46 REPLIES 46
packagedoo
Community Member

I didn't see Central West Africa timezone when selecting my timezone and also I have not been able to get a job since. Please what's going on

Hi Damilola,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

Additionally, you may want to check these videos to help you get started: 

You can visit our events and webinar page to register for upcoming events or watch recordings of past events.

~ Nikola
Upwork
marandyroton
Community Member

Sounds good. Thank you.
4be6b4f7
Community Member

Hi, I'm new here. Can you tell me how to get a client and when they will text me to accept or decline the offer

e61a926d
Community Member

Hello Samantha

Thanks for the Insight shared 

b8e6b5c6
Community Member

Hello Samantha, thank you for the video. It was very helpful. Now I understand better why conversations with a client should be on the platform and not outside it. This is because I had a chat with one few hours ago who asked to communicate on telegram and I was wondering if it is normal for every client to tax a fee under the pretext of lack of confidence before work can commence. To be honest, I had begun to think that all clients most ask a ransom.

a792450e
Community Member

Since I joined Upwork, I have never found a client. What do you do until you find clients?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths