🐈
» Forums » Bulletin Board » Webinar: Winning Profiles
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Webinar: Winning Profiles

Hey Community!

I’m Mike and I’m part of Upwork’s Talent Success team. Our team facilitates Upwork’s numerous webinars and events. If you recently attended the Upwork Power Webinar: Winning Profiles, you might have some follow-up questions you want to ask. Because it’s only an hour long, we don’t always get to address everything.

So, let’s continue the conversation!  Our Community team is ready and I’m here to loop in other experts to answer general questions about profile success. If you’d like to receive specific feedback on your profile, you can request peer feedback in this thread.

If you haven’t attended “Upwork Power Webinar: Winning Profiles”, you can register for an upcoming webinar on our Upwork Events page or view the recording of a previous session here.

In the webinar, we teach you how to make your profile stand out on Upwork:

• Understand the benefits of a great profile
  • Leverage tips from successful freelancers for all sections of your profile
  • Improve your profile and win more projects

Whether you’ve been building your business on Upwork for years or you’re relatively new here, having a professional profile is essential to attracting clients, highlighting your skills, and winning projects.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,
Mike
11 REPLIES 11
rica_jerry
Community Member

What can we do if the client doesn't send feedback after the end of contract ?

Hi Rica,

If you haven't already, you can reach out to the client as ask them to leave feedback. You might also find it helpful in the future to ask the client to end a contract, rather than ending it yourself, as this will require the client to leave feedback.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mike

I have gone back and asked certain clients if they'd be willing to give feedback after the fact. It's a touchy subject so definately don't push to hard. I wish there were some form of automated reminder or the option for the freelancer to send a canned message through the system to the client asking for feedback.

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. There is an email that is sent to the client when the freelancer closes the contract. It includes a request to provide feedback. However, there isn't currently a way for the freelancer to initiate a reminder. I'll be happy to share this idea with the product team though. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Iam a fain

Dear @Rica, when your clients don't send feedbacks after a contract, you are free to kindly ask them for it.

That's what I do most times. 

There were some times when I finished a task successfully and paid, but the client left neither ratings nor reviews. So, I humbly asked for it and it was done effortlessly. 

We exchanged feedbacks after closing the contract.

So, ask for reviews when not given immediately because the client might have forgotten. 

naseer_ch
Community Member

Hi; 

I am a data entry operator. My typing speed is 40 wps and good experience , I have a some 

Submitted proposals but no reply in any proposals 

Pleas helps us thanks 

Hi Naseer,

Thanks for your message. I took a quick look at your profile and wanted to remind you that the beginning of your profile overview displays in prospective client search results and it’s your first 200-character pitch. So, your first sentence should include clear, relevant information about your primary skill sets and expertise. I would update your first paragraph to be more specific about what you do, rather than mentioning things such as being a workaholic.

If you'd like to get more feedback on your profile, you can request peer feedback in this thread.

I also recommend these articles:

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mike
logotshirtmams
Community Member

Thanks a Lot
nazrulislam1212
Community Member

I,m new hare

andrew_valenko
Community Member

btw, I just wanted to provide you with feedback. however, the link you provided in Zoom chat - was not clickable. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths