🐈
» Forums » Bulletin Board » Webinar: Project Catalog
Page options
NadaN
Community Member

Webinar: Project Catalog

Hi Community!

I’m Nadja and I’m part of Upwork’s Talent Success team. Our team facilitates Upwork’s numerous webinars and events, one of which was dedicated to Project Catalog™! Project Catalog™ adds another way for you to build your businesses and create new client relationships on Upwork. The topics covered in the webinar are:

• What is Project Catalog™ and Advantages to using this new feature
  • How to set up a project step by step
  • What projects look like on the client side
  • Questions you asked us

If you haven’t attended “Project Catalog Webinar for Talent”, you can view a previous session of the webinar here.

In the webinar, we teach you how to create a project, how to best utilize Project Catalog™ for your independent business, as well as share some best practices and helpful resources:

Your skills and expertise are unique, and regardless of whether you’re a new member of our talent community or have been here a while in our Talent Marketplace, Project Catalog™ is a fantastic addition to your business.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or would like to share your feedback and experience with Project Catalog™, we look forward to hearing from you!

Best,

Nadja N. | Talent Success Partner

7 REPLIES 7
ibtesamsadiq
Community Member

Hi Nadja,
I think there is a problem with the project catalog system of Upwork.
There should be an option to add work samples from the portfolio. Just like we add work sample from the main portfolio to specialized profile's portfolio instead of adding samples from scratch.
But there is only an option to upload images in project catalog.

Hi Ibtesam,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Project Catalog, we value your feedback! At this point you can add up to 20 images in your project gallery and 1 video. Note that if you make your video the cover image of your project, the first 5-10 seconds of the video will automatically play when clients hover over it. Here's a great resource to help you add images or a video. I'd love to hear more about what you'd find more helpful with the project gallery, is it another file format or something else?

That said, the snippets of your profile are visible to the Client once they open the project, including the link to both your profile and portfolio. You can see this if you check out any project in Project Catalog, or watch the webinar recording.

Lastly, we're glad you've shared your thoughts about how we could improve Project Catalog further, and I'll make sure to forward your feedback to the team in charge. 

Let us know if you have any questions. Thank you!

~ Nadja, Talent Success Partner

pushingpixels
Community Member

Hi there! 

I was wondering if a feature could be added to the delivery time. It would be great if we could add "Business Days" to it. For example, I have a 3-day turnaround on a project I offer. But I do not work weekends. So if someone orders the project Friday, I will need to work over the weekend to get it to them. I really don't want to have to do that. So it would be great if I could have 3 Business Days on there, to let them know they would get it on Tuesday/Wednesday if ordered on a Friday.

Thanks!

Hi Lindsey,

This is great feedback, thank you for sharing it with us! At this point, due dates are calculated by calendar days. Still, the upside is that only after the client has purchased the project and completed the requirements, the clock starts ticking.

That said, I've already shared your feedback with the Project Catalog team! Let us know if you have any other ideas or questions.

Nadja N. | Talent Success Partner

acaaeb31
Community Member

Hey nadja..what is project catalog and what is it for

Hi Judith,

Thanks for your question. Creating a project is a great way to showcase the work you can do for a client and also set expectations about cost, timeline, and deliverables. To learn more about Project Catalog, click here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
NadaN
Community Member

Hi Judith,

Thanks for reaching out! To add to what Luiggi has said, Project Catalog is a new way to earn on Upwork, giving you the option to have clients come to you. Simply package your most sought-after skills into clearly defined projects allowing clients to review and purchase your work instantly. Project Catalog helps you make the most of your time and do more of the work you love to do. By crafting defined work with a set cost, timeline and deliverables, you set the expectations upfront with clients allowing you to get started faster than ever before. If not already, create project offerings that highlight your strengths and attract more clients. You can create up to 20 projects at the same time! 

Remember that your skills and expertise are unique, and regardless of whether you’re a new member of our talent community or have been here a while in our Talent Marketplace, Project Catalog is a fantastic addition to your business. Here’s how to get started.

I also highly encourage you to watch the webinar recording to learn more.

Best,
Nadja

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths