cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the Content Corner

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 13

Welcome to the Content Corner! Here you will find information to help you on Upwork like tips and best practices, tutorial videos and user spotlights with advice from other users like you. The topics here will be posted by Upwork but augmented by your relevant tips and experiences.  Think of this area as a sort of resource center, and because we want this area to be relevant we will be heavily moderating any comments that are off base or overly negative. We're not trying to restrict conversation (we'd actually love you to participate in the threads we start here) but we want to mantain the focus and intent of these conversations.

Untitled
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 13

It's a really good idea, and perhaps some of the excellent tips already provided elsewhere on the forum can be brought here. Question: Will it be searchable?

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
3 of 13

Hi Nichola,

Yes, this info will be searchable within the Community and we have plans to also increase its presence in our Help Center and possibly within areas of the main Upwork site as well.

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
4 of 13

@Garnor M wrote:

Hi Nichola,

Yes, this info will be searchable within the Community and we have plans to also increase its presence in our Help Center and possibly within areas of the main Upwork site as well.

Great! Maybe somewhere in all that activity some prominence and/or official documentation can be given to the procedure for clients' converting an hourly listing/invitation to a fixed-price offer.

Thanks and best,

MM

Khushnood V Member Since: Feb 12, 2016
5 of 13

Hi,  

I'm a new entrant to this forum, so my apologies in advance if this has already been answered elsewhere.

Although this is an old thread, I'd like to add my 2-bits to the question about switching an hourly job to a fixed price one.

On a recent job, the client offered me an hourly job, but I was able to convince him that it would be better for both of us to switch it to a fixed price job.

He agreed to do so, but for some reason he was unable to convert the hourly job to a fixed price.

After a bit of confusion, and searching for it, I found that you can convert a fixed  price job to an hourly basis, but not vice versa.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062368-Switch-Contract-Type-Hourly-or-Fixed-Price

~ Khushnood

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
6 of 13

Khushnood,

The client can change from hourly to fixed price via the "Offer" page. S/he may need to scroll down to see the "switch" button.

Best,
Michael

[edited to add:] @Upwork has a help page describing this procedure, but damned if I can find it. It seems to be inadequately indexed and cross-referenced.

Khushnood V Member Since: Feb 12, 2016
7 of 13

Thanks for replying Michael.

As of now the job in question has been completed, but I will keep this in mind for future jobs. 

Cheers!

Khushnood

Ace Contributor
Jerry A Member Since: Mar 6, 2017
8 of 13

A opening statement on how to receive more clients would be great on the community board because I haven't had one job offer yet.  Right now I would feel positive if I could know that their has been clients to at least review my proposal but they leave feedback on why they did not accept me for their database. 

Ace Contributor
Syed Raza A Member Since: Jun 11, 2009
9 of 13

Very Nice Lena! i like that section! hope to get interested Tips and Topics here.

Andrew G Member Since: Jun 5, 2016
10 of 13

How do I get in contact with you? There is no email listed regarding problems and the support website is not clear on the contact page at all.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS