🐈
» Groups » Customer Service & Admin Support Professionals » Forum » Any transcribers here?
Page options
miles2831
Community Member

Any transcribers here?

Hello!

I've been doing transcription for 2 or 3 months now, but the only software I use is VLC, I downloaded audacity but I haven't tried it. 

Any advise on what software is good for transcription,for audio play back?

I use a Windows 8 laptop.

Thank you in advance guys! 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
f8835314
Community Member

helllo miss marry i can anser your question

I suggest you use the Application Qemu, QEMU is a virtual machine software which berlicensi free because this software is included in the category of open source software, and qemu origin is software that is made for linux OS platform, but now the developer has developed this project
"Qemu software" that can be used on windows environment, and the results are very favorable for us, because with qemu version of Windows can provide an alternative for us who love to create a virtual OS on a PC is good for testing the OS or just try try just to use qemu software that be free from the use of virtual software mechine other proprietary licensinya "paid".

henryneil
Community Member

I am a (sometimes) transcription client.

I am most familiar with those two applications (VLC and Audacity)

My question to you is this:

- Is all transcription done into unstructured text?  or can it be done in a way that it is associated with the audio/video sample so that I could search and go to that portion of the recording?

- (A little like sub-titles; but I'm not sure whether a sub-titleing editor could manage this)

Sorry if I hi-jacked your thread.

Neil 

I use Express Scribe Pro because it interacts well with my pedal.  I use the paid version because it makes more sense for my business.  You can get a free version that will allow you to also use noise reduction and high pass filtering for bad audio. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"