🐈
Page options
075f1492
Community Member

How to get a client

Hello everyone! I am new here in Upwork. Can you please teach me on how to get a client? Thank you in advance. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oumaima, 

Don't lose hope just yet! We’re here to help you navigate the world of online work. Let’s start with the basics here at Upwork. You’ll find a list of essential resources here.
Below there are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey. Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
3b946981
Community Member

Hello Dindi!

First of all, We (Upwork Community) welcome you to the world's best freelancing platform.

I have reviewed your profile and see several details are missing on your profile. The first step to success on Upwork is to make your profile 100% complete with accurate details. Clients visit your profile each time you submit a proposal (if you write a powerful proposal).

Make sure your profile is 100% genuine. Then submit 2 to 3 proposals a day to catch clients. Submitting more proposals doesn't guarantee that you will win a project. But a powerful and clear project proposal can help you stand in the first row of client selection.

Always feel free to ask any question on Upwork Community. We all are here to help you to grow efficiently.

Regards,

USAMA IDREES.

Stay Healthy
Kind Regards
Usama Idrees

##- Please can you give a guide on how to achieve a good winning proposal
or if possible sample of a good proposal. Please what should I add or edit
in my profile to make it guienue and to attract client attention.
0d693cd2
Community Member

Your profile says "$500 / HR"

That would make you the most expensive ADMIN listed on Upwork.
You need to use a better hourly rate.

3b946981
Community Member

To write an eye-catching proposal bake down your proposal into some parts. Here it is,

Introduce yourself with a greeting

Introduce yourself and who you are like "I'm USAMA IDREES and I'm a Network and system administrator"

tell them how you complete this project

Tell your client a little bit about your recent project or past experience and sure that you will do this job properly.

past experiences

Write a brief description of your past employment & experiences that makes you special for this job.

Ask for an interview

Ask the client to arrange an interview with you so he/she can better understand you and you both can know deadlines, project vision, and much more.

Close proposal

Close proposal with an effective ending so the client can think about your proposal.

Through these steps, you can attract millions of clients.

If still have any questions please feel free to ask we'll happy to help you.

Kind Regards,

USAMA IDREES.

Stay Healthy
Kind Regards
Usama Idrees

Hey Usama, thank you for helping 

I actually do exactly what you said I also add work samples but still no replies 

you think it's because of the fact that i don't have reviews yet? 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oumaima, 

Don't lose hope just yet! We’re here to help you navigate the world of online work. Let’s start with the basics here at Upwork. You’ll find a list of essential resources here.

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey. Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork
4954ed9e
Community Member

Thank you Avery, i've already taken the courses and i will keep submitting proposals ❤

xyzmarg
Community Member

Keep on submitting, until the right client comes along. ❤️

Good luck.

Regards, 

Crystal

Community Member

Okey Mem.Thanks 

ed7817f2
Community Member

Thanks for your suggestions. 

I  Am New Seller .Can you Help Me See My Account All Actived .

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David, 

I checked your account and can confirm that your account registration has been accepted, and your profile visibility is set to public. I recommend checking out the articles I have noted here to help you get started on Upwork. 

Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork
Community Member

Thanks

Please Help Me Get  The Order.

88ed5775
Community Member

Avery O wrote:

Hi Oumaima, 

Avery O wrote:

Hi Oumaima, 

Facts to come up with an outstanding proposal for upworks since I have been writing for a couple of times and am unable to acquire the opportunity in the ri

7f2d49a0
Community Member

Thank you!

98024c77
Community Member

Hi Avery, please help me review my page/profile 

f7786a06
Community Member

thank you for this information

655be748
Community Member

Can you guide me please

efbce048
Community Member

I sent over 50 offers. Completed my profile 100%. I always include examples of my work in my cover letter. Added 16 of my best projects to my portfolio.
What is wrong with me?

I have been trained)

Hi Ivan,

Your work is amazing and superb but, so many proposals are submitted for each job that most of proposals are not even read. Have you checked the stats of read proposals and profile views in my stats?

You can keep improving your proposals to get clients to take a look at your work and your profile certaily need a little sprucing up.

Good Luck!

Yes, I watched, for all the time 6 views.
Please advise what can I do better?
Thank you very much.

You can improve your profile and take inspiration from other product designers's profiles. You can search for others by changing jobs to talent in search bar.

Second, you can try to catch attention with first two lines of your proposal and apply to jobs with tags related to your selected tags for your proposal to rank higher. Other than that, you can choose boosting proposal option.

Thanks, I'll try to follow your advice.

Best of Luck!

Tell me, are there any tools that hide my proposals for the customer?
Can I get a talent badge with no upwork experience?

No, I think there are just too many proposals clients receive that they don't read most of them and freelancers with work history are ranked higher like perfect match or they have done multiple similar jobs, etc.

You can get rising talent badge with no Upwork experience by fulfilling conditions given below or get expert vetted by Upwork.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Rising-Talent

• Complete projects on time and as promised to clients
    I'm afraid that this item will not allow me to get a badge without upwork experience.

That will be when you get clients. You can get it without experience, and I have seen many with it and zero Upwork experience.

Screenshot Rising Talent Badge.jpg

I can't even get an invitation to Upwork Skill Certifications