🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Need tips on improving my Proposals for video...
Page options
chunge2198
Community Member

Need tips on improving my Proposals for video gigs

Hey peeps,

I am currently trying to score more jobs, and have been tinkering with my basic Template that i use for proposals.  I do customize this completly for each job, so it makes sense, but this is the basic outline.  Here is an example from a win. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Name,

thanks for the invite! I would be happy to make your intro video. I've had quite a few jobs here on Upwork. Yet i have not received any negative feedback, and have maintained a 5 star rating. As such i am Top Rated. I'm also a native English speaker, and can communicate well on a daily basis.

Here are a few examples of past work, logo intros and such:

example 1

example 2

few questions.

What did you want to see for your intro? I can make almost anything.

Also is there an example that resembles what you're looking for, that you can show me?

Is there a deadline for this project? These videos above took me a couple days to do, and i'd imagine that your video would be the same.

Anyways let me know if you have any questions. Something like this is straightforward. The process is fairly simple. After i receive any files and direction i make a draft and send it over to you. You give me feedback. And i make those final adjustments into a final video.

thanks for taking the time to read this proposal, and i hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Christopher Unger

------------------------------------------------------------

I have a gotten a few jobs from it, but most of the time i hear nothing back from my bids.  I want to improve this to get more engagement on my bids.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Chris

1 REPLY 1
radiogeoff
Community Member

Hi Christopher,

This isn't a bad proposal, however, I think you can streamline it a bit.

List your questions, it's easy to read and even brings your reader to them. For Example:

" I have a few questions:

1. What did you want to see for your intro? I can make almost anything.

2. Do you have any examples of what you're looking for, that you can show me?

3. Is there a deadline for this project? These videos above took me a couple days to do, and i'd imagine that your video would be the same."

By cutting excess verbiage and getting to the point, it might help people read through your entire post and clearly understand your questions.

Just a thought. 🙂