🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » job proposals
Page options
smiley480
Community Member

job proposals

Hii to all..
First i ws happy to talk with my frnds. I ws begginer work in upwork.i applied 16-17 jobs in a month..unfortunately evry job ws rejected.No one is accepting my proposal.i was depressed vmuch.Now a days i was getting doubt on my talent...so if any one had solvation please suggest me friends.i was graphic designer.nd i do lots of cartoons nd potraits..illustrations also..
25 REPLIES 25
tgstudio
Community Member

Anu,

I have several suggestions for you:

1) You have yourself listed as a graphic designer but from the images I see in your portfolio, you really need to market yourself as a illustrator. 

2) Your cover letter needs a lot of work. Throughout your profile there are typos and grammatical errors.

3) Your resume looks very incomplete and missing some vital info which may make a potential client question if it is legitimate.

4) Some of your portfolio pieces look a little amateurish and I would remove them and leave your stronger pieces in place. 

smiley480
Community Member

Thanks a lot for your spontaneous reply.plz mam i was not able to find where i need to change. If u dont mind i wanna chat with you privately. Please please help me in this issue to get job proposals.please give your guidence in changing my profile

Thanks a lot
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager
smiley480
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Now i changed my Proposal according to your suggestion. Please check it again and say if any more corrections neeeded. Please help me .Is video uploading is compulsory.If at all compulsory i will upload as early as possible.I thought that field is optional.

Hi Anu,

I can confirm that the profile video is optional.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
smiley480
Community Member

I changed my profile..can any one say..my profile was now right or still mistakes..thank you..vladimir..for your reply.
ahmedqayyum32
Community Member

Hey Anu! I have viewed your profile, where the description is not reflecting the professionalism. And the other thing is you have focused on the quantity not on the quality.

Please upload the best pictures of your previous work, as no one will offer you a job until your profile may have the best words & portfolio. You can contact me for more assistance. I wish, you would get many orders on Upwork.

lysis10
Community Member

uh using random Photoshop filters on pics is not "design." You should go take a class somewhere and learn design to find out if you have the skill set. Not everyone is a designer. Art is just a talent that you have or you don't. Maybe you do but right now all you're doing is applying random Photoshop filters on an image. That's not design.

smiley480
Community Member

By reading all the above comments i would like to delete my profile from this site.It was best thing what i can do.

Thanks a lot guyzz

That is not the solution of your problem. Please don't ever think like this. You have to work hard to survive in this world. Therefore, I will help you in this regard. Don't be worried. You'll get positive results in the end.

smiley480
Community Member

I would like to say one thing to all of community gurus r members no one is born like professional in the world.u people instead of correcting are criticising.i feel vbad about it.

No one is here to criticise you, as everyone has pointed out the mistakes in your profile so that you may work on them and get to the work.

smiley480
Community Member

I would like to say one thing to community gurus r members one thing.please dont criticise anyone,if u like help them r else keep quiet.No one is professional by born..
smiley480
Community Member

I feel community gurus send just a link and you think problem is solved.please dont treat members like this.other one says you have no talent.totally i feel this site is waste of time spending here..No one is talented by born.My self also worked in an Ad agency before. You people treats me as if i was illeterate.i was unhappy and hurted about it.
tgstudio
Community Member

You asked our opinion on why you were not receiving any response to your proposals. Everyone gave you constructive advice. What you chose to do with it is your choice.

smiley480
Community Member

Okk...tnx a lot for your suggestions and advices
smiley480
Community Member

I didnt ask suggestions i asked solution for my problem.i didnt get solution only advices and suggestions i got.community proffesionals means you should give moral support for beginners and encourage them to get sucess.online job is different from regular job it has lit of difficulties and no one will be there beside us to guide.so i request community gurus guide the beginners communicatating with them.

The solution is to go take a class or learn how to use photoshop. All you are gonna do is bang your head against a wall when every one of your proposals is declined. Right now, all you are doing is opening a file in Photoshop, picking a filter and saving it. You need to be honest with yourself that it's never going to happen with that kind of "effort."

Take a class, hone your skill (if you have it) and come back in a few years. If you don't think you have the skills (right now you don't), determine your strengths and capitalize on them. That's how you make money here. That's the solution.

smiley480
Community Member

Hii jennifier,

I didnt ask you about photoshop. I know about my skills. I asked anything wrong in my profile.i had lot of confidence on my skills and i dont think i need any advice regarding subject. Please do remember A designer each and evryone has their own style..and talent.please try to give encouragement.I know photoshop and other things which i wrote on my wall.Even i passed in one of test in illustration.please dont do like this type of comments.A professional always gets devoted to their work not money.

alright. Go for it then. Your profile is perfect. A+ quality. Let us know how it works out.

smiley480
Community Member

Thank you..jennifier...my problem got solved..I was waiting to show my capability in subject and prove my talent.

lol good luck.

mtngigi
Community Member

smiley480
Community Member

Hii virginia,

What was problem. Y you said like tat. Omg for what please say clearly if any matter exist regarding me. I was scared by seeing your reply.😖

Thank you
Anu
fox_barin
Community Member

Hey Guys Please not to be get anger on anyone's solution or suggestion. Just be professional try to improve your selves without anyone's help. Then you can do something if you get angery with anyone or try to fight with any one you will create a loose poit for your selves no one will answer your questions next time if you will be a fighter here.

So! Wotk hard and be a successsful freelancer not a fighter.  😉