🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: 1 active candidacy but unresponsive
Page options
muhammad_hadi
Community Member

1 active candidacy but unresponsive

Greetings supporters!

I have finally achieved my first job happily, I have tried my best over the upwork job proposals. I received email about a started conversation with the client regarding the project and I was happy that the client considered me for his project. There is a picture in attachments that he is unresponsive from a long time.

He questioned me to do him a sample, when I finished his sample I added to the attachment pictures right away to complete the project as soon as possible, yet I am still waiting for clients response but he is unresponsive.

http://i.imgur.com/TXZtcrH.png

P.S. There was an error highlighting the attachment.

4 REPLIES 4
shilahossain
Community Member

Every Client in Upwork is very Busy person managing their business. Don't worry i think he will reply eventually. 😄

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Muhammad,

Please, make sure you have an active contract under My Jobs tab before you start working on an assignment. That way you can get paid for your work.

~ Valeria
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Member

An active candidacy does not mean you were hired, it just means the "client" initiated a conversation with you. When you're hired, the job will show up under "my jobs".

In the future do not do any free work - if they want to see what you can do, send a link to your portfolio or tell them you'll be happy to do a sample as long as they pay you for it.

In this way, you will not get scammed again.

ryosuwito
Community Member

So sad if what you mean "work sample" is actually what the client need and you gave it to him for free.
I have same problem like you, i was a candidate and client started talking about my rate, we re-negotiate my rate and waiting for two days without any answer, When i checked the original job post, the clients has hired someone, so i choose to withdraw my proposal and pick "Unresponsive Client" as a reason.
On the next day, client messaged me, he said that he almost want to hire me but i already withdrawn my proposal. Seriously? Even if i was hired by him, it will be so hard to work with unresponsive client.