🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: 3D Generalist I am having trouble here, P...
Page options
ight
Community Member

3D Generalist I am having trouble here, Please have a look at my work maybe throw me some tips?

Hello, I have been on here for a while and really would like to put more time into upwork. I see so many wonderful opportunities and I would like to know. What is the type of prortfolio that works?

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Johnny M wrote:

Hello, I have been on here for a while and really would like to put more time into upwork. I see so many wonderful opportunities and I would like to know. What is the type of prortfolio that works?

Just put in your best work, and make sure all content is 100% owned by you, or you have permission from your client to use it in your portfolio. 

elyannie
Community Member

Hi Johnny,

Design and Creative with the subcategory of "other - design and creative" has worked for me. I do some work in 3D related to the apparel industry so it's quite niched. It depends on what type of 3D work you are providing. "Generalist" doesn't say enough about what type of 3D work you provide. Consider specifying what you are best at and try to get projects with those key words in the job title to help your profile stand out in the search results. 

karoliscg
Community Member

This might be late answer but... Generalist is a tough road to follow as you might end up being jack of all trades and master of none. And it can be harsh environment if you lack rating on platform and portfolio is not shinning.

What I'd suggest in regards to upwork, just try to get as many projects as possible to get job success score, that probably means you'll assume the role of the "bottom feeder" and doing charrity work while getting payed close to nothing. All the while you should really work on your portfolio, take the artist you like or follow or you'd like to be and try to reach that level. This wont come over night and it might not come over week, month or year. But as the saying goes invent yourself and reinvent yourself