cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Audio/Demo File Option on Profile

Ace Contributor
Bobby B Member Since: May 21, 2017
1 of 5

I am a Voice Talent/Artist on Upwork and not sure if I'm posting this in the right area (apologize in advance)...here is a suggestion/request for our profile pages.

Currently we have an option to upload a video in our bio but not an option to upload an audio file.   While I am currently using the video option here is the issue/s I have found with it:

-  While the quality of your audio might be great on your system (which is critical if you are doing audio work) it's get degraded once it is uploaded to YouTube. 

-  Instead of loading an audio file straight to the site you have to record a video (maybe of thumbnail), add audio, upload to YouTube (or other video site)...time consuming.   

If possible would be great to have the following:

-  On bio section an option to select either video file or audio file...don't restrict to videos. 

-  You could limit the audio to 90 seconds or less? 

It is very common on other sites where freelancers who do audio work to have the ability to provide a link or/and upload a demo audio file of their work.   While we can do this below through client samples and portfolio I think having this option in the BIO SECTION would be great.

Thank you in advance for considering my suggestion.

Best Regards,

Bobby Baker 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 5

Can't you use your Portfolio?

Ace Contributor
Bobby B Member Since: May 21, 2017
3 of 5
You can but as you see I have a lot of client examples and I am assuming they are first seeing your bio first...maybe not? I am assuming that if they first scan your bio they would immediately have the option to listen to your audio file/demo...as I see this from the freelancer perspective not sure how much weight the bio section carries with clients?
Community Guru
Randy S Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
4 of 5

Most clients who are searching for a freelancer know they can scroll down to the portfolio section and listen to your demo/samples. 

But if you're bidding on jobs, I find it's usually best practice to just go ahead and include a demo as an attachment with your bid. 

Merl G Member Since: Jul 23, 2019
5 of 5

I know this was raised a while ago but I was jut trying to add a specialized profile and couln't add an audio file. Not all audio projects have a video component. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS