🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: Adding image to portfolio problem
Page options
alexandralazar
Community Member

Adding image to portfolio problem

Hi,

I am trying to add a new image to my portfolio. It is under 690 px wide. The format is portrait, but Upwork crops it (not just the cover, it crops the whole image and mages a landscape of half of it). Is this a bug? Looking forward to some assistance. Thanks.

Best,

Ana

32 REPLIES 32
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ana Alexandra,

The minimum dimensions for images are 400px width x 300px height, however 1000px width x 750px height is recommended. Could you please try those recommended dimensions and see if it looks better?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks for your message. My work is on vertical / portrait format that is
1000 px height / 707 px width. In the past, I was able to upload such work
in my portfolio, but now I have tried again and still the whole image is
cropped into a horizontal format. I don't understand why because a lot of
works are vertical and we should keep them in their entire format.

PS: I am not referring just to the cover thumbnail....the whole work is
being cropped, more than 50 % of the work is not visible, so I had to
delete it from the portfolio for the time being. I hope the problem is
solved soon.

Thanks!

Hi Ana Alexandra,

You can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly as I've followed up with our team about your concern and our agent already reached out to you via this support ticket

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you. Hope it will be fixed soon. Will I get a notification when it's
fixed?

Hi Ana,

Yes that is correct. If you have any additional questions feel free to follow up on your ticket and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Bojan,

I also have problem with uploading items to my Portfolio. I am trying to upload infographics in portrait format to my Portfolio. It is not problem to adjust document width, but infographics have to stay in portrait format and it is not possible. 

The second problem is that colours look different on uploaded version compared to original.

Do you have some advice for me?

Thank you,

Milena

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Milena,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble this caused. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with uploading your Portfolio item correctly. 

Thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I just checked, and my problem persists as well. So I am thinking it is an issue all over the platform.

Hope this gets solved. Thanks.

Best,

Ana

Hi Ana Alexandra,

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Our team will keep you updated regarding this issue directly via your existing support ticket.

We appreciate your patience while our team is working on fixing this issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I am afraid that I have the same problem as Ana,
Colours of my work are not the same as original when I upload.
Can you please give me some advice on how to fix this. 

Thanks
Dragan 

Hi Dragan,

Could you please try uploading a picture with recommended dimensions: 1000px width x 750px height. To learn more about portfolios, check this help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Is this about adding images to one of the new specialized portfolios? I thought we could no longer add or change our general one. 

It's good to have specific pixel dimensions, thanks.

Hello Jacqueline,

Yes, I couldn't add images to the specialized profile. But now it seems that problem is solved. I've added images in portrait format. 

Thank you,

Milena

Hi there,

I am having the same problem with the system cropping and cutting my images.

So is the solution to this problem that you can only upload portrait style and thin horizontal style images to a specialized profle and not your regular profile? I prefer to just have my regular profile as many of my clients user feedbacks are on this profile.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gregory

The minimum dimensions for images are 400px width x 300px height , however 1000px width x 750px height is recommended. To learn more about portfolios, checkthis help article.

It looks like the image you are trying to add is a vertical image. The frame for portfolio images is horizontal. That's why the recommended dimensions have more pixels for width than for height. You could try a different picture, that's horizontal or rework this image to add borders to it and make it horizontal.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
galex1ga
Community Member

Hi there, thank you for the reply. I am still a little confused and even a
little frustrated if what I am thinking is right. So you are saying that
you cannot showcase any vertical work in your portfolio. Today I am trying
to upload a simply sell sheet. Its dimensions are a kin to what regular
paper size would be 8.5 x 11. It is cutting the image and won't show the
entire work. Am I missing something?

Thank you.

Greg
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gregory,

Unfortunately, the currently available frame for portfolio images is horizontal. Could you please try uploading a picture with recommended dimensions: 1000px width x 750px height. Then it should fit into the provided template.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
75542dd7
Community Member

Hello. I am new to Upwork, nevertheless..

I have just lost 30 minutes of my life finding the information that didn't do anything to fix my frustration about the portfolio pictures.

You put us in a huge disadvantage especially to old freelancers who have had the change to use vertical images.

More and more images are getting vertical as most of the people are on their cellphones. I attached an example..

This does not look like it is made in help of freelancers, rather to make portfolio pages load more quickly. By the way, this is another aspect where corrections are needed. Portfolio pictures load eeeextremely slow.

Thank you. I rarely make comments, hopefully sometime someone will address this for a future fix.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dragomir,

Thank you for the feedback, I'll be sure to share it with our team. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
betik
Community Member

Hello,

I believe I'm experiencing the same issue regarding the change of colors in the uploaded image. Could you tell me if this is somehow fixed or not?

It really makes an impact of how my prevoius work looks to other clients. It could be a big disadvantage.

Thanks,

Sara 

Hi Sara,

I am sorry for the late response. Could you please try uploading the images again with the recommended dimensions: 1000px width x 750px height? Feel free to check this help article to learn more about portfolios.

Let us know if you are still experiencing the same issue so that we can assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
55bd8b05
Community Member

Hello, I didnt want to create new topic but I have spend over 30mins trying to figure out how to upload my portfolio pictures (1366x768px) and so far they always get cropped... Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks

Hi David,

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble uploading your pictures. Please note that the recommended dimessions for portfolio images are 1000px width x 750px height. Feel free to check this help article to learn more.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello,

I have the right dimensions 1000px x 750 but my pictures are still cropped. Why? 50% of my work is not shown which of course, does not make any sense....this is how it looks like after uploading it...please help 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Olimpia,

The frame for portfolio images is horizontal. That’s why the recommended dimensions have more pixels for width than for height (1000px width x 750px height is recommended). You could try different pictures, that’s horizontal or rework current images to add borders to those and make them horizontal. To learn more about portfolios, check this help article.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I would just like to add another voice to the group requesting vertical image capability in the portfolio.

As has been said by previous posters, there are many instances where portfolio pieces are vertical by design and necessity. Adding background space to force them into landscape mode, or cropping them into landscape mode, almost always comprimises both the quality of the work and the effective resolution - not ideal when we're trying to impress a client.

Is this something we can expect to see in the near future?

Many thanks for your support,
Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! I'll pass it along to the team for review.

At this time, we don't have any new information about this. We'll definitely let the Community know if anything changes in this area.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Yeah, upwork... Not providing such simple functionality for your site is really unprofitable for your company's reputation.

Hi  Bojan !
I have the same issue  as Ana
I want to add vertical portfolio (Web design portfolio convenience to add vertical, if we crop it design will look non presentable)
How can I add my portfolio vertical not horizontal
I will be very thankful if you help me

Hi Anna,

Please note that when you upload your image, you will see a preview which is in a cropped, square size. There is also an edit icon there that will prompt you to adjust the cropped square. If you ignore the edit icon and don't edit the crop, you can publish your portfolio and the images will be displayed in the original ratio.

Could you please try uploading your image again and let us know if you're able to publish the image in the original size and with vertical orientation, without cropping it?

You may want to check this help article for more information.

~ Nikola
Upwork
01768726301a
Community Member

The minimum dimensions for images are 400px width x 300px height , however 1000px width x 750px height is recommended. Attachments can be in .doc, .swf, or .pdf format.

Thanks,
Abdullah Hel Kafee | Graphic Designer
afaque_jaya
Community Member

Use this Link to edit your Image :

https://www.imgonline.com.ua/eng/resize-image.php

I used : Width : 380 & Height : 350

-----------------------------------------

Step 1  : Select Image

Step 2 : Set width and height in pixels

Width : 380 , Height : 350

Step 3 : Type of resizing :- Select Stretching or narrowing