Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Adding image to portfolio problem

betik
Sara K Member Since: Dec 5, 2020
21 of 28

Hello,

I believe I'm experiencing the same issue regarding the change of colors in the uploaded image. Could you tell me if this is somehow fixed or not?

It really makes an impact of how my prevoius work looks to other clients. It could be a big disadvantage.

Thanks,

Sara 

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
22 of 28

Hi Sara,

I am sorry for the late response. Could you please try uploading the images again with the recommended dimensions: 1000px width x 750px height? Feel free to check this help article to learn more about portfolios.

Let us know if you are still experiencing the same issue so that we can assist you further.

~ Nikola

Untitled
55bd8b05
David W Member Since: Dec 19, 2020
23 of 28

Hello, I didnt want to create new topic but I have spend over 30mins trying to figure out how to upload my portfolio pictures (1366x768px) and so far they always get cropped... Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks

luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
24 of 28

Hi David,

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble uploading your pictures. Please note that the recommended dimessions for portfolio images are 1000px width x 750px height. Feel free to check this help article to learn more.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
olimpiaaa
Olimpia R Member Since: Jun 29, 2021
25 of 28

Hello,

I have the right dimensions 1000px x 750 but my pictures are still cropped. Why? 50% of my work is not shown which of course, does not make any sense....this is how it looks like after uploading it...please help 

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
26 of 28

Hi Olimpia,

The frame for portfolio images is horizontal. That’s why the recommended dimensions have more pixels for width than for height (1000px width x 750px height is recommended). You could try different pictures, that’s horizontal or rework current images to add borders to those and make them horizontal. To learn more about portfolios, check this help article.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
visualjimi
Jim E Member Since: Aug 23, 2020
27 of 28

Hi Bojan,

I would just like to add another voice to the group requesting vertical image capability in the portfolio.

As has been said by previous posters, there are many instances where portfolio pieces are vertical by design and necessity. Adding background space to force them into landscape mode, or cropping them into landscape mode, almost always comprimises both the quality of the work and the effective resolution - not ideal when we're trying to impress a client.

Is this something we can expect to see in the near future?

Many thanks for your support,
Jim

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
28 of 28

Hi Jim,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! I'll pass it along to the team for review.

At this time, we don't have any new information about this. We'll definitely let the Community know if anything changes in this area.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS