Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding image to portfolio problem

Highlighted
Dragan V Member Since: Jun 1, 2018
11 of 20

Hi Bojan,

I am afraid that I have the same problem as Ana,
Colours of my work are not the same as original when I upload.
Can you please give me some advice on how to fix this. 

Thanks
Dragan 

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
12 of 20

Hi Dragan,

Could you please try uploading a picture with recommended dimensions: 1000px width x 750px height. To learn more about portfolios, check this help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jacqueline P Member Since: Dec 28, 2015
13 of 20

Is this about adding images to one of the new specialized portfolios? I thought we could no longer add or change our general one. 

It's good to have specific pixel dimensions, thanks.

Highlighted
Milena S Member Since: Jul 31, 2019
14 of 20

Hello Jacqueline,

Yes, I couldn't add images to the specialized profile. But now it seems that problem is solved. I've added images in portrait format. 

Thank you,

Milena

Highlighted
Gregory A Member Since: Mar 26, 2020
15 of 20

Hi there,

I am having the same problem with the system cropping and cutting my images.

So is the solution to this problem that you can only upload portrait style and thin horizontal style images to a specialized profle and not your regular profile? I prefer to just have my regular profile as many of my clients user feedbacks are on this profile.

Highlighted
16 of 20

Hi Gregory

The minimum dimensions for images are 400px width x 300px height , however 1000px width x 750px height is recommended. To learn more about portfolios, checkthis help article.

It looks like the image you are trying to add is a vertical image. The frame for portfolio images is horizontal. That's why the recommended dimensions have more pixels for width than for height. You could try a different picture, that's horizontal or rework this image to add borders to it and make it horizontal.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Gregory A Member Since: Mar 26, 2020
17 of 20
Hi there, thank you for the reply. I am still a little confused and even a
little frustrated if what I am thinking is right. So you are saying that
you cannot showcase any vertical work in your portfolio. Today I am trying
to upload a simply sell sheet. Its dimensions are a kin to what regular
paper size would be 8.5 x 11. It is cutting the image and won't show the
entire work. Am I missing something?

Thank you.

Greg
Highlighted
18 of 20

Hi Gregory,

Unfortunately, the currently available frame for portfolio images is horizontal. Could you please try uploading a picture with recommended dimensions: 1000px width x 750px height. Then it should fit into the provided template.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Dragomir D Member Since: Apr 13, 2020
19 of 20

Hello. I am new to Upwork, nevertheless..

I have just lost 30 minutes of my life finding the information that didn't do anything to fix my frustration about the portfolio pictures.

You put us in a huge disadvantage especially to old freelancers who have had the change to use vertical images.

More and more images are getting vertical as most of the people are on their cellphones. I attached an example..

This does not look like it is made in help of freelancers, rather to make portfolio pages load more quickly. By the way, this is another aspect where corrections are needed. Portfolio pictures load eeeextremely slow.

Thank you. I rarely make comments, hopefully sometime someone will address this for a future fix.

Highlighted
20 of 20

Hi Dragomir,

Thank you for the feedback, I'll be sure to share it with our team. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS