🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Adobe vs Affinity
Page options
vsalinitro
Community Member

Adobe vs Affinity

Hello fellow freelancers,

I've been working as graphic designer for some time now, and all this time I always used the usual Adobe suite (Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop), recently I've been thinking about switching to Affinity, it's cheaper and they seem to be more in touch with their customers.

I was wondering if some of you had experience with switching from a full Adobe subscription to Affinity designer, Affinity photo and Affinity publisher.

3 REPLIES 3
kbadeau
Community Member

Can it open InDesign files? I have a ton of ongoing stuff plus clients send me their old ID files. I can't even imagine trying to switch at this point. That'd be like asking me to give up my iphone and switch to Windows as well.

That's exactly the reason why I was thinking about that, they recently introduced the possibility to open IDML files. I am quite reluctant as well, I've been using Adobe for ten years and switching now seems like a massive endeavour, but I remember the same discussion happened when people were still using Quark Xpress, Corel draw and so on.

jhonleo
Community Member

I usually use adobe, affinity, and Corel products, because of some time some workflow we can do more easily using alternatives like adobe, Affinity.

Annotation 2020-04-28 001218.png