🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: Anyone using Affinity Designer?
Page options
chris_bannu
Community Member

Anyone using Affinity Designer?

Hey guys,

Are there designers using Affinity Designer as their main app for UI design? I personally didn't expect much of it, but it became my main app pretty quick, I really really like it, especially since I really don't like Photoshop and I had to find a replacement for Fireworks, which was my main app until recently. Also, are there still people enjoying working with Fireworks from time to time? 😄 I know, I know, it's 2018, but I still use it, even though Adobe dropped it 100 years ago 🙂

8 REPLIES 8
samrat3
Community Member

Hi Chris,

I've recently purchased Affinity Designer. It's just awesome. I think the price of the software is too low especially if you consider its functionality.

Hi Samrat,

It is, isn't it? It's so amazing, I'm so excited about it. It's so easy to learn, took me a bit over an hours to learn it and two days to become fully comfortable with it. I really hope this will become the industry standard, I hate Photoshop with a passion 😄 Nothing makes sense in Photoshop. Plus it's ridiculously overpriced.

I Looooooooooooooooove Photoshop for photo-editing. I've even used it for all sorts of stuff it is not really meant to be used for, but really for messing with photos there is nothing like it.

(Petra toodles off to google Affiity...)

OK... So I've just looked at Affinity. That is ***CHEAP*** I might just get it to play around with...

I don't do photo editing, I was referring to UI design 🙂 Although there is Affinity Photo for photo editingm which looks pretty amazing.

edit: designing in a photo editing app doesn't make sense to me, that's why I always avoided Photoshop. Plus I really dislike the interface and workflow.

Agree with Cristian! Affinity Designer is awesome!

Thanks for the inputs Cristian. This will be very helpful to our Community members here.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Affinity Designer would be the one that's supposed to compete with Illustrator, right?

My only interactin with it was through seeing a couple of youtube videos pop up about it. Is it really that good? What did you used to work on previously?
Nice to hear there are newer alternatives for design work popping up.
By the way, fireworks was great. It's pretty sad that Adobe decided to take it off the market. I used to work on it a lot back in the day. Can you still get some functionality out of it? Or does it feel a bit outdated?

digiphics
Community Member

Balsamiq Mockups is my go to UI design program.