🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: Apply Jobs in Low Rates
Page options
orpon_chowdhury
Community Member

Apply Jobs in Low Rates

Recently I have noticed there are some freelancers who apply jobs in low rates. Like If Clients budget was $100 but some peoples apply on that jobs with $5-$10 (As a premium member I can see the high, avg. and low price ).  How can they manage $100 jobs in $5-$10 !  Smiley Indifferent I have doubt on there quality of work. 

I think upwork should take care of this issue. They can fixed a price range like no one can not apply job lower than 70% of the client's budget. It's my opinion only.

Thanks 
Orpon Chowdhury

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yitwail
Community Member

Orpon, that's a nice idea, but I don't think it will happen. But supposing there was a minimum bid, then there will be a large number of bids at the minimum, you can count on that. With the system as is, a smart client can just ignore all the $5 bids, but with a 70% minimum amount, say, the client would have to review all of the minimum bids, so it would be more work for the client.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
yitwail
Community Member

Orpon, that's a nice idea, but I don't think it will happen. But supposing there was a minimum bid, then there will be a large number of bids at the minimum, you can count on that. With the system as is, a smart client can just ignore all the $5 bids, but with a 70% minimum amount, say, the client would have to review all of the minimum bids, so it would be more work for the client.

oh don't worry. The client will be female dogging that what he got was crap and want his money back. Everyone gets screwed in that scenario and then they hire someone like you to fix it and they want a discount since they already spent a whole $5 on a crappy design. lol

bren1000
Community Member

They do need to pay attention to the low biding that is happening now.

I have noticed this alot in the past few weeks.

silw
Community Member

why are low bidding freelancers considered to be a problem?

make sure your quality and expertise is beyond their abilitys and nobody will make a fuss that you are charging 20times their offer.

enggr_rimon
Community Member

I think your opinion was right at the moment.

r2streu
Community Member

Low bidders are usually new freelancers who are trying to build up their reputation and portfolio. Or, you know, hobbyists (which is frankly a dirty word in Freelancing. Maybe I'll start writing it as h**byists). Unfortunately, if they don't start gradually increasing those bids soon, it's going to be very hard to convince a client that they're capable of handling higher-budget work. 

Bid competatively according to your own skills and value. Every job I've ever gotten here, I've beaten out several lowballers to get them. 

Smart clients don't even look at them. If they wanted bad work done cheaply, they'd go to Fiverr. 

bigbangking
Community Member

Some well experienced people who has a good quality portfolio on their expertise can land a job with higher payment. But everyones not lucky. Some people fail to find their niche or the right client in the right time. It's worse when someone just starting out.

Some new starters or come backers using them as a weapon to win bids as experienced people wont go cheap, so get the client a bit lured by the budget. But thats getting to be not common these days. And also people at lower budget not crappy. Clients must check their expertise. If they have no expertise then the work output will be crappy. But people knows the result usually bids and see the output of their work even on a lower budget.

Note: People should not use this as a tactic of saving money or such. You should respect the workers also who are doing such as they deserve the same payment you would make for a higher rated person. 

I guess this was the intention of this post of saving their rights of people outputting quality work while charging a lower fees.

If everyone had a stream of works as per their expertise, they wouldn't ever lower their prices/budget/bids. And if someone had enough expertise that guarantees a client with higher payment he would do that.

bilal6666
Community Member

Right Mr John.Am new in this zone.no have idia of profit of up work
bilal6666
Community Member

Mr john. Sir give some suggestions for success in this zone.
marcarian_yazmin
Community Member

That´s because maybe they are begginers and have no experience. I'm just saying...

I would do that, even free work just to learn and have any experience in the topic.