🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: Are Clients allowed to ask for .prproj & ...
Page options
mostafaamin91
Community Member

Are Clients allowed to ask for .prproj & .aep original project files ?

Hello everyone,

i am relativily new to UpWork  i only joined few monthes ago but  have been facing a problem as a video editor .. after finishing the videos & after making sure that the client are satisfied with the result .. some are clients still asking me to send them the (.prproj) & (.aep) original files .. for those who don't use Adobe softwares .. those are the original file project , it has absolutly no use other than replacing me with another editor or editing the videos for themselves ..

i ended up sending the files to them to avoid bad JSC .. anyone facing the same dilama ?

3 REPLIES 3
dataextract
Community Member

If you both were agreed while awarding the project then it is ok to ask them. If not you are not entitled to provide that to them.

And as you sent them already, better be cautions from next time onwards and discuss about this with the client(s) clearly.

garrek
Community Member

I wouldn't give that to them unless you agreed upon it in the contract.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Mostafa, if you are hired using an hourly contract, then those files don't belong to you. The files belong to the client. You must provide the files to the client, even if they don't ask for them.

If you are hired using a fixed-price contract, then you need to make sure your contract agreement specifies which files you will provide.