🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: Average Monthly Salary of Graphic Designe...
Page options
kamran-5
Community Member

Average Monthly Salary of Graphic Designer in USA?

can anybody please tell me exact/average per month earning of a Graphics designer in USA ?

7 REPLIES 7
p_blondbueno
Community Member

Check in Glassdoor.com you have average salaries for most of the industries and positions. However, in the US, salaries can vary A LOT depending on the location. A graphic designer can make +30k more in New York or San Francisco than in other states

Good to know about it, thank you so much !

re: "Average Monthly Salary of Graphic Designer in USA?"

Out of curiosity, why are you interested in this information?

I have never looked up information like that. I don't see how average salary information for people in any profession in the U.S. or any other country would relate to how much I charge as a freelancer.

@Preston H wrote:

re: "Average Monthly Salary of Graphic Designer in USA?"

Out of curiosity, why are you interested in this information?

I have never looked up information like that. I don't see how average salary information for people in any profession in the U.S. or any other country would relate to how much I charge as a freelancer.

Why is this your business, Preston? Knowing how much people will pay for a service can be an important piece of information for a variety of reasons. Just because you don't need any input from anyone, ever, doesn't mean others feel the same. What value does your response contribute to the question?

re: "Why is this your business, Preston?"

I explained why: "out of curiosity"

re: "What value does your response contribute to the question?"

This is a legitimate question, and it has a good answer: My response helps illustrate the fact that knowing how much a certain type of worker earns as a salary in the United States may have nothing to do with how much a freelancer should charge for his services.

Freelancers, by definition, do not work for a salary. And how much salaried workers earn in one particular profession in one particular country is not a useful way for determining how a freelancer (a small businessperson who is charging another business to provide a service or deliverable) should charge for his services.

Knowledge is always handy for buyers and providers.

Writer and editor rates from Editorial Freelancer Assoc:  http://www.the-efa.org/res/rates.php

Translation Rates as per primary platform for same:  http://search.proz.com/employers/rates   ***I can't find a way to show just the rates segment. If anyone can help I'll edit this!***

Glassdoor: https://www.thebalance.com/glassdoor-com-salaries-reviews-and-jobs-2060040

@Patricia B wrote:

Check in Glassdoor.com you have average salaries for most of the industries and positions. However, in the US, salaries can vary A LOT depending on the location. A graphic designer can make +30k more in New York or San Francisco than in other states

I agree.

It's the same with motion designers.

You are probably able to earn substantially more if you live in Los Angeles (because of the motion design community there)