🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Basics of creating mock ups
Page options
fakharfakhar
Community Member

Basics of creating mock ups

I want to ask some basics of mock ups.....???

Please tell me as soon as possible

9 REPLIES 9
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Fakhar, 

Providing a free sample when applying for a job, is a violation of Upwork Policy. Free Work/Samples/Mock Ups should never be requested by a Client or offered by a Freelancer. For more information, please read here.

Thank you.

Untitled

re: "Basics of creating mock ups. I want to ask some basics of mock ups.....??? Please tell me as soon as possible"

If you want to know about Upwork's policy regarding creating mock-ups for clients... then Ryan has ably answered your question.

If you do that kind of work for a client, you need to have a contract with the client and she needs to pay you.

If you are asking how to create mock-ups, then the Upwork Community Forum is really not the place to gain instruction in that topic. We discuss all aspects of how to use Upwork, but there are severe limitations with regards to the instruction you can receive here on how to actually do your job.

petra_r
Community Member

@Ryan C wrote:

Providing a free sample when applying for a job, is a violation of Upwork Policy.

No, it is not.

ASKING a freelancer to provide a free sample is a terms of service violation.

Providing one is not.

Recently I  had a client ask for me to provide a few hand drawn samples of a logo concept, at first I didn't want to do it then I thought about what a client wants to see. This client knows of all the free vector sites on the interwebs and really just wanted to see if I was capable of drawing. I did a few concepts for him and later that night got hired because I provided actual original artwork. #justsaying

Gerald:
Awesome story!

You're obviiously a real pro.

And the client who hired you - clearly a smart guy.

@Gerald S wrote:

Recently I  had a client ask for me to provide a few hand drawn samples of a logo concept, at first I didn't want to do it then I thought about what a client wants to see. This client knows of all the free vector sites on the interwebs and really just wanted to see if I was capable of drawing. I did a few concepts for him and later that night got hired because I provided actual original artwork. #justsaying

Visit Las Vegas next time...

@Ryan C wrote:

Hello Fakhar, 

Providing a free sample when applying for a job, is a violation of Upwork Policy. Free Work/Samples/Mock Ups should never be requested by a Client or offered by a Freelancer. For more information, please read here.

Thank you.

Ryan, I believe he is asking about product mockups and how to do them. He should check youtube. 

Oh no...

I had no idea, that requesting free samples was not allowed.

As I was requested free samples and I delivered. 

Today (before I read this) I started to think if the client was just asking free samples from multiple freelancers without the intention to actually hire anyone.

Well, now I know better.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to learn about your experience, Anneli. You may report the client by flagging his job post as inappropriate so that the team can review his account and take actions accordingly. 

I would recommend that you check the freelancer resources we compiled and tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork