🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: Best laptop workstation for graphics work...
Page options
bombardho
Community Member

Best laptop workstation for graphics works

Hello everyone!
I am looking to buy a new laptop workstation, mainly for Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere pro, DaVinci Resolve and similar software, and what I found so far is that Asus Zen Book Pro Duo and Dell XPS 15 seem like good choices. Also, they fit into my budget. 
My question would be: Is there anyone out there using one of those two and if so, do tell about your experience with them. Also, if you have any suggestions for some other brand/model in the same price range, I would love to hear more about it.
Thanks to all in advance!
Cheers!

2 REPLIES 2
abbas0107
Community Member

well I recommend this fore CG work masheen Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop

• 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor 2.8GHz (Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.8GHz)
  • 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen with LED-backlit IPS display
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
  • 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
  • 256GB SSD
  • Acer TrueHarmony Technology Sound System
  • Two Built-in Stereo Speakers
  • Secure Digital (SD) card reader
  • 802.11ac WiFi featuring 2x2 MIMO technology (Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port)
  • HD Webcam (1280 x 720) supporting High Dynamic Range (HDR)
  • Ports: 1 - USB 3.1 (Type C), 1 - USB 3.0, 2 - USB 2.0, 1 - HDMI 2.0 (with HDCP Support)
  • 4-cell Li-ion Battery (3220 mAh) with up to 7-hours Battery Life
  • 17. 5.95 lbs. | 2.7 kg

Thanks for the recommendation! 
I also did a bit of research on my own and found that I'm willing to invest a bit more into the workstation. Asus ZenBook Duo Pro really caught my attention and Dell's xps15 series.
 As for the specs,
- I was aiming for at least i7 9th gen with as much Ghz's possible.   
- A minimum of 15" in at least 2k res.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 or higher
- minimum of 16gb of ram
- minimum of 256gb SSD

- The sound system doesn't make much difference for me. It might even be an integrated low-end sound card
- an sd card reader is preferred but not necessary 
- Basic ports, with or without a webcam, ethernet and wifi are a must, weight doesn't matter and battery life 4-6 hrs.

So the Asus duo and Dell 15 are now in the race. It's a hard decision. Do you have any thoughts on those two? 🙂
Thanks a bunch for your reply,
Cheers!