🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Can't get even the first work !!
Page options
d55988c9
Community Member

Can't get even the first work !!

Hi,

I have 2 days on Upwork, I spent more than 15 h trying to apply for jobs, but no one hired me.

What can I do ?  please review my profile.

I have the skills and the experience the clients need

12 REPLIES 12
JoanneP

Hi Mahdi,

Hi there, it may take a while to win a job, especially in competitive categories, and submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or a chance to be interviewed, but you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients. When you apply for jobs, make sure your proposal is well written and that you're qualified and certain of your ability to complete the job you're applying for.

You might want to check out the following links to help you improve your profile and have a higher chance of getting noticed by clients:

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

A How-To Guide for Your Perfect Profile Picture

Get Your Profile to the Next Level with an Intro Video

4 Ways to Create a More Successful Portfolio Regardless of Your Skill Set

Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
d55988c9
Community Member

Thank you for you for your support,   Joanne Marie

I was wondering if I end up without any single work after the connects end, what I have to do ? Any B plan ?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mahdi, 

When you run out of Connects, you have the option of  purchasing Connects which are sold in the following bundles:

• 10 for $1.50
  • 20 for $3
  • 40 for $6
  • 60 for $9
  • 80 for $12

Purchasing connects can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase connects with a credit card or prepaid card. Additionally, if you have a balance on Upwork you can use it to buy Connects. You may read more about it here.

~ Avery
Upwork
robinae
Community Member

Hi Mahdi,

Don't give up hope, it took all of us awhile to get established! Just keep applying and update your profile all the time. Submit proposals as soon as the job shows up...the early bird gets the worm as they say.

Just don't give up. You were lucky enough to be accepted to Upwork, that is half the battle and you have passed the first test! 

DON'T GIVE UP!

KEEP SUBMITTING PROPOSALS!

KEEP PROFILE UPDATED!

Add any new jobs or items to your portfolio,  look at top rated freelancers profiles and learn from them, you have a lot of info you can use right on Upwork.

GOOD LUCK!

Robin E. Top rated freelancer

d55988c9
Community Member

Thank you, Robin 🙂 

You just gave me some hope, I have currently 4 submitted proposals, I hope that I get at least on of them.

My real problem is connects, when they end, I can't buy, I came to earn money not to spend it!

Any one can tell me the reason behind removing free connects ?

robinae
Community Member

I don't know why they aren't free anymore, I was opposed to it as well... although they are inexpensive, we need less cost during this pandemic than more. In the meantime, keep submitting. It took me about a month to get a job offer, but keep trying, you WILL get one.. I would look at other peoples cover letter for ideas too, a good cover is important, not too long, but enough to tell them what you can do for them and how you will go about doing it. Don't give up, it will work out, just takes time. Good luck Mahdi!

d55988c9
Community Member

Thank you Robin for the 2nd time!

I want to ask : How can I get people to hire me from my profile ?

I mean now I have no points, the only left way is to send me offers. How can I rise my chance to win a work ?

Thanks again 🙂

robinae
Community Member

find some cover letters you like and use some of the good points, but don't
outright copy it, that is a no no. When you apply for a job, make sure and
start of with a hello and the name of the person if it is available. Just
tell them what you can do and how you will work on their project. I can't
really tell you how to win the job, just keep trying by applying to as many
as you can... be one of the first to apply. Do not bother to send a
proposal to a job tht already has more then 10 proposals, they won't even
notice yours... just keep watching the job list and when I new job is
posted for for it... make sure you have your profile as good as you can on
Upwork. I believe there is someone who will check yours and tell you what
it is lacking. Go to help and look and read articles about how to land that
first job. honestly it just takes a lot of persistence.. don't give up.. I
wanted to at one time, but now I am doing pretty good..there are times when
it is slow but it eventually picks back up... USE UPWORK'S HELP... let them
send you articles on how to succeed.. have them look over your profile and
put some of the stuff you have done on your portfolio. If you haven't done
anything, then do a fake layout just so they can see what your work looks
like... you have to show the job manager that you can do the job! Thats
about all I can tell you... keep trying and keep in touch with me, if I
find any good articles I will forward them to you... KEEP TRYING... IT WILL
EVENTUALLY PAY OFF and most of all.. GOOD LUCK...you can do it Mahdi!!
af71e683
Community Member

Apologies for popping in but I have just registered and found your conversation and thought I could add some value as I am in need of help with my website and am not sure where to begin, I am just worried maybe I am in the wrong place.

I have a simple website and would like for it to look a lot more professional and have options that people can purchase directly from it which are tracked analytically aswell as being linked in with affiliate marketing using landing pages along with a mobile app that allows people to purchase things directly once again tracked.

Am I in the right place ?

robinae
Community Member

I would find a thread about
e-commerce sites. These threads are freelancers trying to find work, or
advising on best way to find work. Just search for threads more pertinent
to your query. No problem! Good luck!!

##- Please type your reply above this line

Am I making a mistake thinking website designing and monetisation of it is the same field ?

Hi there,

To get started as a client, please check out this help article. You can also learn more about the trends and best practices and get tips on making your project a success by visiting our Hiring Headquarters. Please note that there are two types of contracts, Fixed-Price, and Hourly contract and you can check their differences in this help article. You can also read about the valuable perk of payment protection we offer clients for Fixed-Priced and Hourly contracts. Feel free to follow up if you have further questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork