🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Creative Artists & Designers
Page options
freestylr
Community Member

Creative Artists & Designers

Hello everyone,

I am an artist and I would like to get to know other artists and designers on upwork. If you are a creative person feel free to introduce yourself & share your thoughts Smiley Happy

34 REPLIES 34
juandamr
Community Member

Hello, my name is Juan David, I'm an artist and I'm a little new in this platform, if you like I post here a link to my Portfolio.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

hariz1203
Community Member

Hello,

My name is Hariz. I come from product designer background, but from experience I've done also graphic design and branding, packaging, web design, and Illustration. feel free to browse my portfolio here on my profile or behance at **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Nice to meet you guys

inna_alexandra
Community Member

Hello I am Alexandra, I'm also new here! I love to design and create/draw. Welcome!

freestylr
Community Member

Hi Juan, Rizki and Alexandra, Nice to meet some creative people on Upwork, I hope more people join us. Please feel free to discuss or ask questions related to art. Let's get creative 🙂

inna_alexandra
Community Member

What kind of art/designs do guys like to do?

I like to do Animations, Characters and designs for games. I really enjoy drawing Cartoons. What about you guys?

Hi, I was kinda wonderin' how come I've used up all of my connects in submitting my proposals and never get to receive any client notice? Although, my notification shows mostly declined proposals and here I am still waiting for them to at least reply. Some clients, even with verified payments seems to leave us hanging online even if we consistently making follow ups about their job posts. How does UPWORK help us on that?

inna_alexandra
Community Member

character design, illustrations and graphic design, i'm more illustration oriented and less on editing photos wich i dont really like.

I also strated a bit with animation.. but it takes time and patience... what is your level in animation?

Nice, yeah I am not a fan of editing photos either. I do some work in animation, I have good knowledge in it but my level in animation is to be judged by someone who isn't me.

do you have any animations posted on the web?

diego-vincente_d
Community Member

Hello am also new on up work please could you explain a little bit how it functions

Hi Vincente,

Please, check out resources linked to this post to learn more about getting started on Upwork. If you have any specific questions, let us know.

~ Valeria
Upwork
m_terrazas
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I'm María, from Spain, so sorry for my English 🙂

I'm Flash animator, colorist and also work with vector images.

I think it's a good idea to have a specialized forum. I hope that more people join.

Nice to meet you Maria, glad to have you in the discussion. Feel free to ask questions or share ideas. Hopefully more people will join soon.

dimensiondesign
Community Member

Hi everyone! I am a grahic designer and illustrator. My passion is in children's book illustration and designing for the children's market. I've been doing this for a very long time, but I'm still somewhat new to Upwork. Nice to meet you!

Hi Roslen,

Welcome. 

Nice to meet you too!

lamidoski
Community Member

hello am a creative artist i do still live drawing i do skech am really good at drawings i can make a live drwings i need to to get intough with other artist and clint or board of directors pllease kindly responde

Hi Sodiq,

Wellcome to Upwork.

First of all, you need to complete your profile and add a real photo of you.

I would also recommend that you take care of the writing in English, I am not English speaker and I make many mistakes but I try to use capital letters, punctuation marks and I usually review the written with some translator to detect the faults (at least the most serious).

Sorry but I read your post and I can not understand half of it.

If you check the different threads on how to start in Upwork, you will find a lot of help.

Good luck and see you around 🙂
Maria

glogana
Community Member

Hi!
So nice to find this "Discussion" 🙂 I am here quite new. I have created my account moths ago and then left. Now I am here again and trying my luck.

So nice to find you guys...!!! I started to feel lonely here 😉

And good luck for everyone!!!

Ania 

Hi Ania,

Glad to have you in the discussion, hope you are doing well in Upwork. Please feel free to share your experience and tell us about your creative work. 🙂

Have a nice day!

Thank you!

I do not have many experiences here yet! ( I hope...YET) 🙂
I am patient and working hard... some day... for sure I will start 😉

That is advice for everyone I think ... just to be patient.
The beginning is always difficult. 😉

Have a good day! Smiley Very Happy

Yeah you are right, patience and hard work!

silw
Community Member

Hi folks

Aron from Germany here.

Have a nice day 😉

glogana
Community Member

Hello! the same to you!

cre8ivepursuits
Community Member

Hello all, My name is Lindsay and I am from Australia. I love to create illustrations for children plus i also do tattoo designs and logos.

ericbdg
Community Member

Hi everyone, I'm an illustrator, animator and graphic designer. Nice to meet you all. I'm currently active last month, although I have registered for quite some time with upwork. Please check my portfolio at... uhh wait, can't show that here... please visit my profile page for portfolio.

Hi Erick,

Welcome.

There is one thing that strikes me in your description, is that it is written in the third person.
I think you should personalize it. You talking about yourself and what you do and can offer.

On the other hand, good work.

María

Hi Maria,

Thank you for your suggestion. I've never thought of that. I've edited it to be more personal. 

Regards,

Erick S.

Better, much better Smiley Very Happy

But... 

If you review other forums, you will see that the people who usually advise (very well indeed), always say the same. Do not spend the first sentence on giving information that is already available, because those first few lines are important. It is the first thing that the client reads and it is very possible that he will not pass from there.
Do not repeat your name and where you are from.
I would remove that first sentence.

María

Noted. Thanks, I will update it again.

m504horyd
Community Member

Remember: a little empathy goes a long way.
csicso-3d
Community Member

Hey Guys,

Good to have this topic. I'm an older member of the previously Elance and now on Upwork, but this is my first reply in the forums. 🙂

I'm specialized in 3d graphics and design. As a hobby or if it is not so serious work I like to design cars or products, have experience in 3d printing as well, but I prefer to make photoreal illustrations for start-ups or for other companies.

Recently I found several job posting where clients looking for a CAD engineer who can also create photoreal illustrations 😄 I'd like to be such a superhero...

sangeethasanal
Community Member

Hai, I am sangeetha sanal. I'm also new here.i like to create and draw new ideas in interiors.

arsalanodesk
Community Member

Hi guys,
HI, I'm a Multimedia Artist Freelancer on Upwork. I'm Excel in doing in the last 7 years of making Explainer videos, short promotional videos Motion graphics, Video Editing, Whiteboard, Logo Animations, Illustrations, YouTube Kids videos, and anything that falls under multimedia Creations.Heart

I have done more than 100 explainer animated videos in the past years, Also work with YouTube channels with the top branded channels . *I HAVE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN CREATIVE INDUSTRY AND MADE SEVERAL CLIENTS SATISFIED. SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED JOBS. Smiley Happy