🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Do you need product before having a website c...
Page options
3967d94d
Community Member

Do you need product before having a website created?

Hi there! 

This is probably a silly question, but I am just wanting to know, can I have a website created before I have pictures (or actually received) my product I intend on selling? I don't want the site launched live, just created to get one part of the process started. 

Thank you in advance 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bobafett999
Community Member

@Brighley D wrote:

Hi there! 

This is probably a silly question, but I am just wanting to know, can I have a website created before I have pictures (or actually received) my product I intend on selling? I don't want the site launched live, just created to get one part of the process started. 

Thank you in advance 

It is not silly at all.  Sure you can have the web site creted with dummy images and the front end. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bobafett999
Community Member

@Brighley D wrote:

Hi there! 

Thank you in advance 

It is not silly at all.  Sure you can have the web site creted with dummy images and the front end. 

Until you're ready for your site to go live, you can have it password-protected, so only people with the password (like you, and your developer if that's not you) can see it. (I don't know if this option is available on all platforms, so it might be worth checking.)