🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Download watermarked videos, remove logo, add...
Page options
suzytino
Community Member

Download watermarked videos, remove logo, add client logo, upload as new! Really?

Today there's an editing job posted. The client wants somebody to download specific videos from a couple of sites/FB pages they list - REMOVE THE WATERMARK - and re-upload the videos with a new logo etc.

This is theft. You can't do this. How can we report these type of clients/ads? If we could clean this out, maybe the quality of work would become a little bit better. 

Any suggestions?

Susanne

11 REPLIES 11
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Flag the job posting.

Flag as what? Spam? Phisphing/fraud? Don't you have to check one of the boxes for

I thought you had to check one of the boxes. Otherwise would Upwork know why?

Hi Susanne,

Sorry about the late reply. I found the job you mentioned and reported it to our team. If you come across a similar job please flag it as Spam, and our team will conduct a full review.

Thanks for the heads-up.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Here's a helpful article provided by Upwork regarding how to report suspicious user activity: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063118-Report-Suspicious-Activity?flash_digest=371aa...

be28611b
Community Member

member of the community 

Farouk A wrote:

member of the community 

You are posting in a (very old) thread about deleting watermarks. In which it is said that it is image theft and it is not allowed and that is precisely what you offer in your profile.
Really?

Since we are here, your profile is not that it needs a lot of work, it is that you must start from scratch.
Head over to Academy, it's in the forums header, to learn how this works and create a proper profile. Read the TOS and Wes' scam thread on the community blog.

Another profile that is nothing, Upwork?

•  
76b81300
Community Member

f39dc7e6
Community Member

IMG_1943.jpeg

Hello guys I can remove your watermark 

03ff3fc2
Community Member

if the watermark is in the right or left you have to zoom the video  but if its in the middle just hide it with another watermark 

but if the watermark show in the whole video then try to find another one 

there are many solutions i can help suzan