🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Fine Art: What is the community like on Upwor...
Page options
abigailart
Community Member

Fine Art: What is the community like on Upwork?

Hello,

I am new to Upwork, so I'm trying to get a feel for how fine art (painting, drawing, sculpture, etc) fits in this communty. 

Do you feel artists are paid well for that kind of work here?

How do you handle shipping? Do you request it as part of your proposal?

Do you have any trouble finding clients looking for fine art?

Would you be willing to look at my profile and give me some feedback?

Thanks!

Abigail

4 REPLIES 4
mtngigi
Community Member

One of the best ways you can answer your own questions is to do a search in the job postings, and look at profiles similar to yours.

My understanding is that most art and illustrative work is of a digital nature, where work not done in a software program is most likely scanned and sent to clients digitally. All costs and fees should be included in your bids.

Thanks. I've definitely done that. I was hoping that maybe I was just missing something big since I was new, but it seems that this site has very thin work for artists.

@Abigail W wrote:

... but it seems that this site has very thin work for artists.

That is your opportunity right there...

Search for those jobs twice a day and whenever you see one, apply with your regular price and some similar items as attachment. In 4-5 months you'll have some regular clients and never look back.

patty_pretty
Community Member

@Abigail W wrote:

Hello,

I am new to Upwork, so I'm trying to get a feel for how fine art (painting, drawing, sculpture, etc) fits in this communty. 

Hey Abigail, I think art is not really a popular nich here. I haven't seen any job offer looking for a plastic artist, maybe you can find something doing digital art as illustrator or something like it. But please keep looking maybe I'm wrong.