🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: Good and bad seasons on creative and art ...
Page options
2f5ff562
Community Member

Good and bad seasons on creative and art jobs

Hi! i noticed lately that there are a little less interesting jobs, i was wondering if the quality of good jobs fluctuate in different seasons.

I currently have a day job that i am thinking to quit because freelancing at Upwork is really picking up, but i want to ask the Design & Creative community, is there a time of year when there are no jobs? if so, which is it? for instance in my country (Mexico ay ay ay) January - March, is very low, is it also true wide world?

1 REPLY 1
mystudiomke
Community Member

I personally haven't had specific times. Through the year, I found a pattern in my financial statements. I will have one slow month for every 3 months. But then the following month will be a very busy month that compensates for the previous month. Upwork has made public that they switch freelancers around to visibility for clients so everyone can be seen. 

I know when I use to work at an architectural firm, it was very slow in end of summer and holidays. But for me, that hasn't translated into my freelancing work. 

Lila