🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: Graphic designer - which jobs to apply to...
Page options
dunjadesigner
Community Member

Graphic designer - which jobs to apply to?

Hello there, 

I recently became top rated and  on my profile, under  my name, there are these things written 

Graphic Design | Infographics| UI/UX | Logo Design |T shirt design

So, I was wondering,  since a lot of people get suspended for applying to different niches out of their own, 

Should I apply to jobs just in one niche - For example Infographics, 

Or is it by being Graphic designer okay to apply to all jobs that are currently in the niche of graphic design like I stated in my profile  - so, infographics, UI/UX, logo design, t-shirt design - Or do you think that is way too many things? 

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
scientistbhoot
Community Member

I think this is completely okay. When I started, I was a Graphic Designer. But after few years I learned Web Design, so I added it in my profile. After few years I learned Video Editing too, I also added it in my profile. The thing is, I can do those stuffs and also I can see opportunities in those subjects. So, why not? As long as you are not breaking any ToS or any guidelines, you are clear to show the world who you are and Upwork gives us the opportunity to do that. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Dunja K wrote:

Hello there, 

I recently became top rated and  on my profile, under  my name, there are these things written 

Graphic Design | Infographics| UI/UX | Logo Design |T shirt design

So, I was wondering,  since a lot of people get suspended for applying to different niches out of their own, 

Should I apply to jobs just in one niche - For example Infographics, 

Or is it by being Graphic designer okay to apply to all jobs that are currently in the niche of graphic design like I stated in my profile  - so, infographics, UI/UX, logo design, t-shirt design - Or do you think that is way too many things? 

Thanks 

I have never heard of freelancers being suspended for applying to jobs outside their "niches". 

I think your question is more along the line how you want to present to your potential clients. And yes, it is generally recommended to define your "niche" as closely as you can, and not try to be everything to everyone. 

petra_r
Community Member

Dunja K wrote:   ..... a lot of people get suspended for applying to different niches out of their own,

Nobody ever got suspended for that.

People get suspended for applying lots and not getting hired, or sending spam proposals for stuff they are not remotely qualified to do.

barada00
Community Member

There is a reason we as freelancers are given 60 free connects each month. Upwork wants us to apply to jobs. I can make vector graphics, I can make some 3D modelling, and I can also find local vendors selling steel balls for pinball machines or use an application for an hour to tell the developers what I think.

Why would Upwork suspend accounts for applying to too many jobs? I think they are suspending people who send the same copy/paste cover letter to many jobs with the hope of getting a few by luck and when they suspend those accounts they are "politely" rephrasing their reasons. If you look at the (so called) competition Freelancer site you can see there are bots that automatically apply to jobs that have some keywords in their text. If you do that here, even manually, then you are out. Other than that I don't think you have anything to worry about. Use all of your connects if you like but use them wisely.

imedium
Community Member

No problem as long as you master this qualities, actually this is a plus.

digiphics
Community Member

Apply to whatever job suits you talents, I am in your field and have gotten infographics, logo, menu, video animation, book illustration manipulations. So got get what you think you can do! I have Graphic Design | Logo Design | Illustrator | Graphics Consultant as my Titles.