🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: Hello
Page options
anthony-ashley
Community Member

Hello

hello all please would like to find out what are the ways to maintain a good profile on upwork 

3 REPLIES 3
pudingstudio
Community Member

Ashley A wrote:

hello all please would like to find out what are the ways to maintain a good profile on upwork 

What is 'good'?

Clients are not a different species, they are of the same sort as all of us.

Some like brick houses, some are fine with straw ones.
For some, my profile looks good, for others - it's untouchable.

What is 'maintaining'?

I have not watered my profile for a long time.
There might be some cobwebs there as far as I know.

If you were a client, what would you be looking for?
If you would be in need of something that 'Ashley A' offers, why would you choose him over (lots and lots) of others?

abinadab-agbo
Community Member

Ashley A wrote:

Your question is too broad, I'm afraid.

Please specifiy what part of your profile you need advice in maintaining.

Did you mean the JSS part of your profile?

Read up about it by running on a search on the forum.

As a summary, most freelancers reckon that the best way to get and maintain a great JSS is to make sure to blow clients away everytime, and to deliver a great experience for them.

Also read up the whole terms of service and follow strictly so your profile doesn't get permabanned.

petra_r
Community Member

Ashley A wrote:

You will need to create a good profile first.

• Rewrite and expand your overview(s) - all three of them.
  • More and better portfolio items (the one on your "graphic design" profile is especially weak.)
  • leave that agency, it will go against you, it has a really poor Job Success Score and that reflects badly on you, too.
  • Add to your profile(s) what education and/or professional experience you have and how hiring you can help clients. At the moment it all looks a bit amateur / hobby-ist.
  • Win contracts and do a great job on each and every one