🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Help, the client won't stop harassing me!!
Page options
lazic-katarina
Community Member

Help, the client won't stop harassing me!!

I have been working with a client for three months that constantly kept making changes and requirements at the last minute thretening a bad review, firing me, filing a dispute and the last threat was with actual lawyers...

She used the threats to make me do whatever she wanted whenever she wanted even though it didn't go with out initial agreement (and we made quite a few as my constant effort to make things right and make her happy). 

She thretened a dispute where she would take all the money from the week I worked crazy for and when I informed her that if she did, in fact, take it back that the huge majority of the work would rmain my intellectual property and that made her really mad.

So now she is looking for a reason to get me in trouble and this is my first time dealing with a client like this. She is asking for everything I made (the old versions of illustrations I corrected) and despite me telling her that when I corrected them that means that they do not exsist anymore and that instead there are new illustrations she informs me that she will continue searching for everythign we ever made and wants everything ....

She asked for a million corrections....

At one point my hair started falling out and I am just in a really bad place mentally because of this woman and somebody just please help, Upwork is not helping as far as I can see.. and I can't take this anymore ... 

7 REPLIES 7
jared_k
Community Member

Katarina,

Yeah, you're in a tough situation and there isn't a whole lot you can do, but since you're top rated you do have options. Personally, I'd close the job and let the chips fall where they may. If he follows through with his threats of giving you a bad review, use your feedback removal perk. Also, be honest in your review of this client so that other freelancers can know what to expect.

Hi Jared,

I have alredy closed the contract out of pure frustration after sending every file and gave an honest review

But she still keeps messaging me saying that she didn't pay me "per project" but she did "by the hour so that meas that she wants everything I ever did for her 

She is just looking for any way she can to get me in touble and have a reason for a refund ... 

lysis10
Community Member

I guess if you're mentally incapable of doing anything anymore, just dispute and see what you can get out of the contract and then of course it will be over.

I alredy have done that but I haven't heard from anyone still 

Is it hourly or escrow? Hourly payments on disputes are based on tracker. With escrow, you have to go through the mediation process.

It was hourly. I still have an open dispute where I gave all the context and information and what was going on and asked for help but I never got a reply and the Client is just continuing with demands and I just need to get it over with asap 

Katarina,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this client. I have followed up with the team handling your case so that they can get back to you on you open ticket. I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. 

~ Avery
Upwork