🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » How can I get hourly jobs
Page options
rokeya706
Community Member

How can I get hourly jobs

Hi, I am Mst. Rokeya Begum from Bangladesh. I am a Graphic Designer, expert in Photoshop and Illustrator. Please check my profile where is show my skill and portfolio. When I start my freelancing carreer on Upwork, I got few hourly jobs and worked for 200 hours. But currently I do do not get hourly jobs. I want to work on hourly good jobs. How can I get hourly jobs? Please help me to get hourly jobs.

Sincerely,
Mst. Rokeya Begum

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
zacgman
Community Member

Hi Mst. -

In my experience on Upwork I've been gifted with a handful of hourly jobs, but I find that they are incredibly rare in the Design and creative field. When i've worked for production houses and design firms contracts are usually flat rate and have a "Hour estimate" included in the cost.  The handful of clients that I good friends with have told me horror stories about freelancers abusing the hour tracker and racking up 30-40 hours for jobs that only require 1-2 hours to complete.

So My advice - in your proposals include a "Hour estimate" on flat rate projects, that justifies your price and allows you to work hourly without the client stressing about abuse of the system

hope that helps

-Z

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
zacgman
Community Member

Hi Mst. -

In my experience on Upwork I've been gifted with a handful of hourly jobs, but I find that they are incredibly rare in the Design and creative field. When i've worked for production houses and design firms contracts are usually flat rate and have a "Hour estimate" included in the cost.  The handful of clients that I good friends with have told me horror stories about freelancers abusing the hour tracker and racking up 30-40 hours for jobs that only require 1-2 hours to complete.

So My advice - in your proposals include a "Hour estimate" on flat rate projects, that justifies your price and allows you to work hourly without the client stressing about abuse of the system

hope that helps

-Z