🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: How can I increase my profile view?
Page options
b013cddd
Community Member

How can I increase my profile view?

I'm getting 0 views on my profile now a days! Can you guys tell me if I'm active in discussion groups or posts my views can increase??  

Labonnya Hossain 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
deardipu
Community Member

Hi Labonnya, 

Actually Upwork search engine shows freelancer via maintaining a cycle. For example, it may show freelancer-A in a particular category for few days top on the search result and later it will start showing freelancer-B in the same category so that everyone will have the opportunity to be discovered. Does it make sense? 

And Upwork search engine is not same for all users. For example it may show you freelancer-C, but it may show freelancer-D at the same time for other searchers. 

Your profile view zero that means nobody clicks on your profile after getting search result. But don't get worried, your profile is public. So there is a possibility to be discovered. Be patient and take care of your garden, one day butterflies will fly to your garden. 

Thank you.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
deardipu
Community Member

Hi Labonnya, 

Actually Upwork search engine shows freelancer via maintaining a cycle. For example, it may show freelancer-A in a particular category for few days top on the search result and later it will start showing freelancer-B in the same category so that everyone will have the opportunity to be discovered. Does it make sense? 

And Upwork search engine is not same for all users. For example it may show you freelancer-C, but it may show freelancer-D at the same time for other searchers. 

Your profile view zero that means nobody clicks on your profile after getting search result. But don't get worried, your profile is public. So there is a possibility to be discovered. Be patient and take care of your garden, one day butterflies will fly to your garden. 

Thank you.

But if I communicate on this or be active, can my views will go up? 

Ways which are under your control to increase probability for getting more views: 

1. Clients will show first 1-2 sentences of your profile description on the search engine result. So try to improve it. Write there something focus on clients side instead of writing hello, or self experience, or self focus description. First two sentences are important to get deep attention. 

2. Try to pursuit of maintaining 90%+ JSS. Because there are a lot of freelancers who have the same skills like yours and they also have 100% jss. Good JSS is also important. 

3. There is no advantage to get more views in order to active here. (So far I know). 

Best of luck.

Agreed brother!  I'm trying my level best to do so! But the thing is I'm not getting any job or so! 😭🤦🏽‍:female_sign:

Hi I'm also suffering the same thing, I try to send out good proposals with my portfolio attached but I doubt anyone engages with my proposals 

Don't give up, everything is hard at the beginning. 

I just want understand where the issues!! I send more and more but no
answer .. how can I solve it !!
alexander_kuliev
Community Member

Hello Labonnya,
I only can repeat the thing many experienced users have told: it isn't relevant how many profile views one has. It's significant to be interviewed and hired.
I guess if you are doing your best by writing sharp and thoughtful cover letters with your proposal, you will get more views, interviews and hires.

I really want to thank you Alexander for your reply and I believe I'm writing a pretty good cover letter as I alawys try to give a good portfolio and also try to match my clients needs.  And also I always give my YouTube links ( minimum 5) to impress them with my privious work examples. I don’t know what I'm doing wrong 

castarr
Community Member

I've received a few invitations to interview from clients recently, but my profile still shows that I haven't had a single profile view in the last month. I contacted Upwork Support about this, and they said that clients might have sent me the invitation without having looked at my profile, which seems highly unlikely but possible. 

I'm posting here because I'm curious if anyone else has had the same experience that might be able to give me advice on how to address the situation. 

I don't think invitations work the way you might think. A client doesn't need to view your profile to invite you. In fact, in some cases, clients don't even select specific people to invite, Upwork does it for them automatically. So, it is possible that you're getting invites with 0 profile views. 

sasha_projmangr
Community Member

I don't believe activity in the community section has anything to do with visibility on the Client side of things. Being active, by responding to job postings however does increase your chances of both getting invited to projects and obviously having your profile viewed, which makes sense. If you're not getting any views, it's likely because your profile is set to private. I just tried looking at your profile and cannot view it. You need to go to profile settings/visibility and make sure that you've set your profile to Public. That should make a huge difference. Sadly, it seems this whole time you've been hidden from potential clients. Good luck.