🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » How is the skills percentage calculated??
Page options
c89837b5
Community Member

How is the skills percentage calculated??

Hi there, I am a freelance VO artist on here and I was looking at my Freelance profile skills through my client profile- meaning my tags such as "Voice Over- Top 20%" or "Young Adult 50%". 

I compared it to other people who had way less work than I did but their score was higher than mine. How is this score calculated because I find it strange that someone who has only done $100 worth of work is higher than my $5000? Sorry if this is mean, I would just like some enlightenment!! 

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abi,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your question, including a screenshot of the score you're referring to? I'll check that for you and advise you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
6f862ab4
Community Member

Hi, I have the same question.

And what does it mean: "Among the top 100 Web Design freelancers on Upwork"?

How to get on this rating?

Hi Dmitrii,

The skill scores represent the ranking of that freelancer among other Upwork freelancers with that skill. The score is based in large part on the freelancer’s ability to win work and perform on jobs that include a particular skill. The smaller the percentage, the better they have scored compared to their peers.

~ Valeria
Upwork