🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » How to win jobs on upwork?
Page options
mohsinattique
Community Member

How to win jobs on upwork?

Hi there...!

I am facing problems about getting and winning new jobs on upwork.I have hit the rising talent and job score badge by winning just 4 jobs but still i am unable to find new job.Can somebody please see my profile and tell me what am i missing? What is the actual problem? I have applied for many jobs after getting job score title/badge but there is no response.

Waiting for your replies...!

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
calvo_juan
Community Member

I see a contradiction in your profile between the offering of technical tasks related to Design, and the proposition that you are a logo expert. Maybe you should offer your logo design services differently. If your plan is to get better clients, I would advice not to provide a list of possible graphic styles for logos. Explain your versatility in a different manner. 

Thank You very much...!

That MLJ logo is a complete and total ripoff of The Hartford logo. If I were you I would remove that asap.

Thanks Kelly Actually a client asked me to design the same logo with their company name.Well i have remove the logo from my portfolio.

Mohsin A wrote:

Thanks Kelly Actually a client asked me to design the same logo with their company name.Well i have remove the logo from my portfolio.

As a general rule, when a client asks you to do that I would suggest offering an alternative design that will not violate copyright laws, but that's up to you. But when people like me see it in your portfolio, we don't know that the client requested it; we just know that it's identical to another company's well-known logo.

You're in a very competitive field. I would just keep doing what you're doing, trying to win projects by being the first to apply, applying to jobs that suit your strengths, like photo retouching, and building up your portfolio.

Yeah you are right kelly.Thank you very much for your response and help

amie91
Community Member

I feel your pain! 

I applied for so many jobs and then stopped because I recieved no replies to any of my proposals.

I think the worst thing is that you don't even know if you have been rejected. People don't even reply which I think is really wrong because it leaves you wondering. Even a few words just to say 'you weren't successful this time' would be enough to inspire me or help me believe that this platform is a viable option.

I am a music graduate with lots of musical knowledge and ability to give yet I applied to numerous jobs and nobody even bothered to respond. I am not sure if this may be a fault with the platform itself maybe that you are not even notified if you are rejected or not...which would at least be something....

Indeed you are right amie...! This platform lack this thing you have mentioned.Have you don some experiments to get order? i mean i am not getting response but still i gain 4 orders which helped me to achieve rising talent and job score.