🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » I can not get new clients
Page options
soldexxter
Community Member

I can not get new clients

Hello how are you? My name is wuilmer, I communicate pq I have a problem, last month I could not get any work in upwork and I do not know why, I came getting work in a row, but I do not know what happens now I can not and I have spent all my connections, I know I'm doing wrong, please someone who can help me, or if you know what is happening, I feel that the client is not reading my answer or something, because at least I got to talk to them,

I leave my portfolio so they can see my skil or my level, but it's weird, I came working fine I have all the 5 star ratings and good customer recommendations

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

14 REPLIES 14
prestonhunter
Community Member

You have a strong portfolio.

You have completed 6 jobs already and have great feedback.

Your profile photo is pretty bad, but you already know that. Replace it as soon as possible and hang in there.

Ok, I'll make that change, thank you.

Hello Preston,
same things happens to me too. I was effectively working on odesk/upwork more than 8 years, but from the start of this year something goes wrong. There was a lot of amazing clients and challenging projects. Until now..

I was working with awesome people on a long term projects. I can not find any new work. It seems that the number of real projects posted on find job section are significally decreased. Perhaps new clients are not happy with 20% comissions.. not sure..

Sometimes I'm getting invitations, but it's rarely finished with new assignment. I'm trying to figure out what happens and what I'm doing wrong. Recently I found in my gmail inbox an old invitation to join Talent Cloud/ Team Builder program. I accepted it, but not sure that anything changed.

Please give me some advice and help me to solve this issue.
Look forward to hearing any updates from you.
Cheers,
Serge

lonewulf
Community Member

If a person with over 8000 hours and 94% success rate can't find work here then there's something weird going on.

The same thing is happening to me this month. Three weeks, 6 active candidacies, more than 20 proposals.  A lot of talk and invitations but for some reason no luck. I used this dry period to work on my own web and to strengthen my web presence. Now I am bored, without income and no work. Winter is coming!!!! 🙂

nooo my friend, the winter is hereSmiley Very Happy

Maybe it is time to move to more sunny parts of the web. 🙂

i am on the same boat...i have around 900 fixed rate jobs and i am also facing the same issue...many invitations but most of them lead to nothing at the end 😞

silw
Community Member

I'd scale your portfolio down to 50% of its current size.

Some of your work examples give the impression of a rather amateurish/hobbyist skill-level, while others display a more advanced skillset. I'd get rid of the weaker pieces of work and only let the strongest ones shine.

I'd get rid of the weaker pieces of work and only let the strongest ones shine.

soldexxter
Community Member

Ok, thanks for your advice I will make some changes to my portfolio

**edited for Community Guidelines**

**edited for Community Guidelines**

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andres, and Wuilmer, 

I'm sorry I had to edit your posts. But we'd appreciate it if you can post in English as it is a violation of the Upwork

Community Guidelines to post in another language other than English. 

Thank you for understanding!

~ Avery
Upwork
arqcova
Community Member

Wow! sorry, Avery! not happen again! Smiley Wink

So I was telling you Wuilmer

use https://www.photofeeler.com/ for the profile pic and purge your protfolio with your best work, that's it!