🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » I have a problem with my contract. Milestones...
Page options
misantromusic
Community Member

I have a problem with my contract. Milestones not assigned since 7 months ago.

I just did a contract with someone and he was asking for EDM Music Composer with animal sounds on every song, it was made for children. I did one milestone, a song with rooster sounds, he paid.

Then he never answered or sended another milestone, the contract is still Active and I would love to report this guy, I don't know if he has to send me the another part of the contract, it has passed too much time. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Alejandro,

Clients can make one milestone or more, sometimes clients will leave the contract open if they think they will need your services again. 
Leaving open contracts too long will slightly affect your JSS, I would advise you to keep in mind this and communicate with your clients about leaving feedback on your contract.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, I'm aware that they can contact me everytime they want, but 7 months is too much, this job was supposed to end 1 or 2 months after he accepted, if everything would went well.

I would like to dispute against him. Plus: I send this proof message, this milestone was paid on Mar 9.

And I'm having troubles with my Profile Completeness. is does says "Add Work History +45%" And I can't add anything because of this unresponsive client.

What are you going to dispute? There was a milestone, you did the work, you got paid. The client does not need to add more milestones. You can either ask them to close the contract and if they do not, you can do so yourself.

So by the way, Alejandro, you need to put up a real photo of yourself to comply with Upwork TOS. You are going to get dinged on that at some time.

About the photo I just tried to change it and it just got bugged, I will upload one right now, and read your response, thnx

1) I would like to dispute against him. Plus: I send this proof message, this milestone was paid on Mar 9.

2) And I'm having troubles with my Profile Completeness. is does says "Add Work History +45%" And I can't add anything because of this unresponsive client.

1) There is nothing to dispute.

2) Work history has nothing at all to do with your Upwork contracts or clients, it is where you are supposed to add your professional work history, the positions you've held outside of Upwork etc, not your upwork contracts.