🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: Images load slowly or doesn't load.
Page options
ezakharov3d
Community Member

Images load slowly or doesn't load.

Hello.

I checked my portfolio today and find out images loads slow,  some of them even doesn't load. I use Google  Chrome. I tried to view them in Mozilla Firefox, but it happens anyway. Please find attached screenshoot. 

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Ievgen,

I was able to replicate the issue you are having and I'll escalate it to our engineers so they could take a look.

Sorry about the inconvenience. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Ievgen,

I was able to replicate the issue you are having and I'll escalate it to our engineers so they could take a look.

Sorry about the inconvenience. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you, Valeria.

Hello,

I have the same problem as Ievgen Z.

I've tested my Upwork portfolio on 3 browsers and 2 systems (Mac & Windows) with the same results.

Can You help me?

Thanks

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arkadiusz,

I just checked and your Portfolio images are loading as expected on my end. Please follow the steps I shared on the first page of this thread, check your internet connection and feel free to contact Customer Support if the issue persists.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hello,

I've cleared cache and cookies but nothing changes.

My internet connection is very good.

Most of the project files are loading, but always few aren't. There is no pattern - everytime different images doesn't show up. Loading animation is visible instead. I think the problem concerns longer projects with more than few images. You can check "Fangol branding" or "The Museum of Archaeology and History in Elbląg branding" for example.

Problem exists in larger scale (more images) also in "edit mode" - instead of images icon with question mark is showed [?].

I've tried to send a message to Customer Support (via contact form) 3 times but requests aren't saved in "My requests" section. So I guess they weren't send / delivered?

vhs-kid
Community Member

The problem is the biggest in project "You Can Forget campaign website" on 3rd page of my portfolio.

Half of the pictures aren't loading.

bksuru
Community Member

Hi Arkadiusz S,

We are sailing in the same boat. Even I'm facing this problem since very long, tried everything but to no avail. Even sent screencast (http://recordit.co/JeALJIYe3D) to Support, but since no one is able to replicate the issue except me, there's no solution it seems. Now I have your company 😞

Regards.

Bhavesh

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Arkadiusz S wrote:

The problem is the biggest in project "You Can Forget campaign website" on 3rd page of my portfolio.

Half of the pictures aren't loading.

Hi Arkadiusz,

I've checked this sample and all of the images loaded properly within a second after clicking on it.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I viewed my portfolio on different computer and result is the same. Some images aren't loading and looped animation shows instead. 

I find this outrageous! A significant part of UpWork are graphic designers and portfolio section is main section on their profiles. It should be working perfectly. No one here helped me. No one responded on my messages sended to support stuff.

I think You are loosing users. Soon You will loose me.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arkadiusz,

I don't see any requests submitted from the account you're posting from, could you please pm me the ticket numbers?

Regarding the issue we discussed on this thread, please check your internet connection and try using different browsers, since it appears the issue is not on our end. I'll reiterate that I was able to access your portfolio samples without any problems or extended delays.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

That's the point - I don't have any send requests in my MY REQUESTS secion on UpWork Help Center page so I don't even know if they were send. I send 3 via Your contact / support form and none is saved. How I can report that support messages aren't working?  That's serious inception.

I was trying various browsers, 2 systems (Windows and Mac) 2 internet connections and result is the same.

I've downsized JPGs (2 times smaller) in one project and it was little better (3 images weren't shown - 7 before that) but problem remains.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arkadiusz,

Please submit a support request by going to your account > clicking the question mark icon > Get help button > and making the appropriate selection. Our team will review the information you provide and advise on teh problem you're having.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Are You reading what I'm writing?

I wrote that sending support request from support center isn't working.

Month ago I've tried 5 times. 3 times I've reach a step where I could actually see send button but messages werent saved. Now I see only steps attached in this post - there is only close button. After clicking close button I'm redirected to main support page.

bksuru
Community Member

Hi Levgen Z,

I'm facing the same issue since very long and it's causing me a great sense of worry for what use if my potential clients are unable to see my hard work.

The images load very slowly or they never load. If you have a solution then please share.

Thanks & regards,

Bhavesh

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi BhaveshKumar,

I've checked your Portfolio and see all the images you included there are loading properly on my end. Please clear your cache and cookies, check your internet connection and let us know if any of the images aren't loading or if there's a delay with displaying them. 

~ Vladimir
Upwork
bksuru
Community Member

Hi Vladimir G,

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bhavesh,

I wasn't able to replicate the problem as all the images are loading properly and at the same time on my end. It's possible that the three images you captured are loading after a second-long delay, which can be attributed to different factors, in addition to the high number of images contained in that one sample.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
bksuru
Community Member

Hi Vladimir G,

Thanks again for taking the time to look into my problem.

Here's a screencast that replicates the problem I'm facing: http://recordit.co/JeALJIYe3D. Here I'm using up-to-date Chrome after clearing all cache, cookies, everything 'from the beginning of time.'

Also my internet speed is pretty decent, please check attached speed test screenshot.

Looking forward to your expert review.

Thanks & regards,

Bhavesh

BhaveshKumar,

We had our technical support check this as well and it appears to be a local latency issue on your end. We are not able to replicate it on our end and all the pictures load within few seconds.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

Thanks so much for your response.

I don't wish to disagree but I'm somehow unconvinced as I've not encountered this problem anywhere else, not even on Behance which has a similar project display.

Anyway, I'm happy to know that you did not face this problem at your end. So I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that my potential clients will also not face this issue.

Thanks & regards,

Bhavesh

Hello Valeria,

I'm not creating a new thread since I'v found this one. I'm now facing the same issue only when using the mobile app.

On desktop everything loads fine, but on the mobile app only part of the images load and the rest will load only if I click on it and go back. Then everything loads, but of course it's not acceptable.

You can test and see on my first project, using the mobile app. I've even asked 2 friends to do the same and they confirmed the issue. Connections are all good.

Thanks!

Hi George,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'll be sure to pass it on to the team for review.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork