🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Increase in job acceptance after first succes...
Page options
abigailart
Community Member

Increase in job acceptance after first success?

Hello,

I was wondering if others were hired more frequently after successfully completing a first project? I am about to complete my first Upwork contract, but I've used half of my connects and only been hired once. Does it generally get better, or is work on here usually this thin?

Thanks,

Abigail

5 REPLIES 5
onlinedzshop
Community Member

It's all about how good you are convincing he client to hire you, i completed 15 jobs and i send 30 proposals and only win 3-4 of them, maybe when you get the top rated badge things get better who knows.

I have the same problem I have do only 2 jobs from 20 propsal I did 
I don't know why as I'm trying to convince the client that I'll deliver them fast and elegant and why I offer this price but all in vain 😕 

zoomconcepts
Community Member

Generally speaking, yeah, you have more chances of landing a gig after your first one, considering the first one has a decent feedback attached to it. It's this market's stamp of approval and once your work has been "sampled", clients are more likely to view you as a proven professional with a good record. You also have a great portfolio to back you up, so if you find the right projects to apply to, I'm sure work won't be thin for much longer. 

Hi,

And they decline your propsals coz of insufficient upwork working hours. 

What to do?

guitarnaiad
Community Member

I'm in the same situation. After trying for a month, I finally landed my first project and received good feedback. But finding my next project--so far--has been met with similar results. A couple of inquiries and *crickets*