🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Just Wondering If My Illustrations are up to ...
Page options
eternalarts
Community Member

Just Wondering If My Illustrations are up to Snuff?

I mainly Do Watercolor. I'm learning Digital but obviously not as fast as I would like. Would you say my illustration style is good enough for Storybook? 

sidenote: I know I'm all over the place with subject and color, I'd like to work on other's projects to hone in my style and skill but none have presented themselves thus far. 

Any input helps thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Jose,

Your link had to be removed because it contained contact information. Feel free to add your work to your Upwork portfolio to share it with Upwork Community though.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork
littlemisseayan
Community Member

Hello, I'm new to upwork myself but I have been working as a children's book illustrator for almost 2 years now. You are well on your way to having your own style and look, but I would like to suggest you get better quality scans or pictures of your work for portfolio use. You can also showcase you are able to illustrate a series of work for consistency of quality but also find a way to highlight multiple works to show diversity. One other thing people tend to overlook is, as an illustrator for books, you also have to consider learning how to layout your work on a given page dimension, this includes text placement and layout. So I suggest you can look into that as well.

Good luck!