cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Less Proposal Accepts

Ace Contributor
Ahmed E Member Since: Nov 15, 2018
11 of 16

i think that making the connect in bunddles and not free i a good upwork action to maintain this problem so you will not fint 50+ proposal on all the posted job so every on will concern on what he can do only not all the posts

i wish that this can help us 

Susan A Member Since: Apr 28, 2016
12 of 16

Actually it is not about the connects issue results in term of managing the challenge and turning it into more serious , Basically there is something wrong about the clients most of job are closed or even they don't hire clients on Upwork were mostly serious clients but unfortunately there less now !! can any one of the support team explain this as there many of us have the same problem? 

Raian O Member Since: Aug 9, 2019
13 of 16

So, I'm new here (less than 2 months) and thought it was a problem with my profile and finding a niche — feel free to give suggestions about my profile if you want so.

Seeing you guys are more experienced here and having problems with finding jobs, I don't know if it's something about UpWork, but maybe is about global economy.

Or you think clients are going to another plataform like Freelancers/etc? Does someone know if same thing is happening on other plataforms?

Looking foward to having this vacuum fixed. Good luck to everyone — don't forget to take a deep breath.

Amritpal S Member Since: Apr 18, 2016
14 of 16

Hey mate, I see you struggling getting new projects/clients. From last few months, i am facing the same issue as i have my profile started couple of years back and really gained good projects but from last few months, I am literally struggling the same as you. Don't know as its Global economy issue. I hope things get better soon.

Amrit

Lois J Member Since: Sep 13, 2019
15 of 16

Raian, 

I think that I have the same questions as you. 

It is more than slightly concerning when those who have previously engaged clients, successfully worked the platform, and completed jobs convey that they are seeing significantly less activity. That's certainly not very encouraging to us newcomers. 

I really want to believe that perhaps the growth of the platform is creating more competition rather than anything surrounding changes that have been made.

I do, however, invite others to view my profile and give me any pointers on how to package my skills in a way that gives me a slight edge over the growing competition.  Just as physicians make the worst patients and attorneys make the worst clients, recruiters sometimes make the worst representatives of ourselves - because we are in the picture, we can't always see the frame.

Pepita B Member Since: Mar 19, 2018
16 of 16

I am relatively new to Upwork as a freelancer so I do not know what "normal" is. I am getting some interviews and some jobs but I have noticed that lots of jobs are closed or expired. Even jobs that I am invited for.

I chatted with Customer Service about this, because I noticed that for some of the projects that were closed or expired I did not receive any Connects back. What irritated me beyond belief is that I learned that for a closed project you get your Connects back, but for an expired job (client not active for 30 days) you do not get your Connects back. I told them that I thought that was pretty unfair. There is not much I can do about the inactivity of a client if I am not interviewing with him. I received some **Edited for Community Guidelines** advice on how to take better care on which jobs to respond to and the link to a blog post with tips. 

I have worked on other freelance platforms (Dutch) where the lack of response from clients was a big problem as well. There the freelancer was the one paying as well. I think the barrier is too low for clients to post a job, there is no cost or penalty to them if they set up a job and then do nothing. The only one gaining from it is Upwork, because they make money anyway.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS