🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Less Proposal Accepts
Page options
dgraphicsdj
Community Member

Less Proposal Accepts

Is anyone else noticing less of their proposals getting accepted? When I first joined UpWork I was getting a decent flow of accepted proposals and getting jobs. The last two months, I've completed depleted my Connects within a week and never even get an interview. I have a good success rate, great reviews, and a full profile. 

I know there's been changes on both Freelancer and Client's sides. I'm wondering if something has changed on the Client's end, that they're viewing Freelancers differently that is causing it to be harder for Freelancer to even get interviewed. 

I totally accept the fact there are amazing Designers on here and that it creates heavy competition, but it's just odd I went from getting at least 2 jobs a week, to suddenly nothing in two months. 

45 REPLIES 45
b6779a97
Community Member

None of my proposal was accepted 

As I am a webpage coder and a website designer I had sent many proposal none of them were accepted I have created many web pages too and I am well known about all languages

creative_icon
Community Member

Hi Justin you are right....it's happening with me too. I never failed to win a job at upwork since I joined it. I was getting regular jobs...but this downfall is due to new bidding and boost feature where people are bidding on projects with 20+ connects . I wonder who are those are spending too much $$ just buying connects n using 20-25 or more connects on each job post. The boost you proposal with higher connects actually brings you on top n people will low bidding 2-6 connects remains below the list. 

so actually m hating the new bidding feature. Seems like upwork is earning with our purchased connects n giving us no jobs upportunity n obviously too muc 20% tax on each project that's awful.

Hello. I got my last job exactly a year ago. I'm constantly renewing my profile, adding new designs, but I haven't even gotten a job yet.

gillismitch
Community Member

Hello everyone. I met with the possible cause of this problem. Details in the thread I opened:
Seems-like-clients-cant-see-all-the-freelancers-responses 

And someone from the admin team decided to hide my post in another topic, which was already noticed by another forum member. So I'm updating the link. Now my post is just a comment on this thread:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/why-I-can-t-get-new-clients/m-p/1217323#M729097

a82257ba
Community Member

I'm Upwork freelancer since 2021 and the number of 1 proposal accepted in 1 year and ended because client don't want need anymore.