🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: Logo Design: Graphic Design Deliverables
Page options
firecharged
Community Member

Logo Design: Graphic Design Deliverables

Hi all!

I'm curious if other designers have noticed this while applying to logo design jobs or design jobs in general.

Clients have the option to list "Graphic Design Deliverables" under their creative brief.  What can be somewhat confusing and frustrating, is that clients will list all of the uses that their new logo will used on (business card, sales collateral, website, etc) rather just what they expect the sole deliverable will be.

I often find myself wondering if the job is for JUST a logo design or if the client expects all the deliverables they listed to be included.  9/10 times, the client never mentions any of the deliverables itemized in their creative brief and are only in need of the logo.

I was curious if others have found this to be frustrating and how we may be able to fix it?

I appreciate your feedback!

3 REPLIES 3
kbadeau
Community Member

I don't apply to logo jobs at all because the pay is just always in the basement. But I think that would be very frustrating. It's like when they put "I'm not sure" for type of project or whatever.

Maybe if Upwork could put a little e.g. ... like, e.g. vector, jpg, png... but I would think any designer would send all formats needed anyway. Sometimes they try to help where help is not needed.

shtramilo
Community Member

Firstly - logo is logo, media are media. One case - to mark purposes for logo using, another case - to expect a list of media adding to logo design )

Secondly - anyways, you're discussing a task with potential client before an order agreement, isn't it?  
I don't see any problem in this moment...

121c9891
Community Member

I can definitely understand your frustration with clients listing various graphic design deliverables in their creative briefs without specifying if they are expecting all of them. It can create confusion and make it challenging for designers to accurately gauge the scope of the project.

One approach to address this issue is to include a clarification question in your initial communication with the client. You can politely ask for clarification on whether they are specifically looking for a standalone logo design or if they also require additional deliverables such as business cards, sales collateral, or website design. This will not only demonstrate your attention to detail but also help set clear expectations from the beginning.

Additionally, you could propose different packages or options in your proposal. For example, you can outline separate pricing and timelines for standalone logo design versus a more comprehensive package that includes various graphic design deliverables. This way, the client can easily communicate their specific needs, and you can tailor your services accordingly.

Clear communication and setting expectations early on in the project can go a long way in ensuring a smooth and successful collaboration. I hope these suggestions are helpful for navigating such situations in your logo design projects!