🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Logo Design Tips (i.e. hiring, skills)
Page options
leahsdesigns
Community Member

Logo Design Tips (i.e. hiring, skills)

Hello, I am a beginner logo designer. I have recently delved into the world of Graphic Design and I am in need of some tips from the experts. I want to begin freelancing for logo design soon, but I am unsure if I am ready. I have six simple logo designs that I have created, and I have watched youtube videos and read articles on the best logo design practices. This will be my first time selling myself to clients so any and all tips are much appreciated and helpful! I have attached a sample of my portfolio.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
silw
Community Member

Compare you own work with the work of people that are professionals, and fill the gap of what you notice.

Besides that there are hundrets of valuable resources on youtube targeting that topic.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
silw
Community Member

Compare you own work with the work of people that are professionals, and fill the gap of what you notice.

Besides that there are hundrets of valuable resources on youtube targeting that topic.

Thank you very much for the tip! 

You are welcome.

There are 1 zillion "logo designers" on Upwork.

Nearly all of them are in the low to mid-level payment sector.

I'd judge the chances to get a job in that field to be really bad,simply because there are so many.

You should try to target for the high-payment sector.

Therefor your work has to look highly professional.

If a client thinks your work looks expensive, he is willed to pay accordingly.

If the work looks like all of the other 5$ india-logo boys, he won't see any reason to pay more for your work at all.

Most good clients make a big big curve around everyone who has a low rate anyways.

Try to make your work as pro-looking as anyhow possible and you will do better than 99% of the rest here.

Community Member

Hello , I am a beginner logo designer. I have recently join into the world of graphic design and I am in need of some tips from the experts. I want to begin freelancing for logo design soon, but I am unsure if i am ready . I have one simple logo design that I have created , and I have watched various youtube videos on the best logo design practices. This will be my first time selling myself to clients so any and all tips are much appreciated and helpful ! I have attached a sample of my portfolio.

Hi,

I would advise you to invest in some Paid Fonts.  Hope this helps.

Thanks

hasnain_7
Community Member

Improve fonts and colors, the fonts I use most of the times are 

• raleway
  • bebas
  • maven
  • lato 
  • futura 

this is what I like maybe most of the people do not like them.

You are right.