🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: Need some advice to start off a Mechanica...
Page options
rkeane16
Community Member

Need some advice to start off a Mechanical Design Upwork profile

Hi all,

I am a mechanical engineer, with 5+ years experience. I am always thinking of developing a profile to promote myself on Upwork providing services in mechanical design/ drawing. But I found it hard to start off because every job has too many applicants. I am now working on Upwork as a technical translator only. Nothing to do with mechanical design. I feel I need different strategy to start off, so please, my mechanical designer fellows, can you give me some advice?

Cheers,

Jiahao

2 REPLIES 2
hariz1203
Community Member

Hi Jiahao Z,

I am an Industrial Designer, but I may know a things or two to answer your Question.

Start with your profile. Put some public portfolio that people can see. Also stated your niche consistently. As an example, aside from Industrial designer I also experienced works in Branding, Front End Web design, and Illustration, but for now my Upworks profile just elaborate about what I do in Product Design so that when people search about product design they will have my profile page focused on it.

Another thing is the proposals. There may be many applicants in one job post, but that is also the nature of online freelancing sites. One of the winning solutions is how you catch the potential clients attention on the very first sentence of the proposals. Sometimes aso in the questions that you need to answer.

Btw it's nice to know a Mechanical Engineer. you can message me on your work expertise on mechanical engineer, as I may need to search and work together with engineer when the opportunity comes.

Thanks and Nice to meet you

Hello, 

I just saw your reply on this tread which is also interesting for me as a mechanical engineer. I am also trying to improve my profile, if it's possible to check i would appreciate that. I consider my self as new to upwork, based on my experiences, i expected to have more opportunities, but unfortunately, i don't get that much.  Maybe a few suggestions would help? 

P.S.: i will add a public portfolio to improve my profile as you have suggested previously. 

Thanks in advance,