🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: New to Upwork, need some advice about Aud...
Page options
m_piskulic
Community Member

New to Upwork, need some advice about Audio Freelancing

First of all hello everybody!! I am new to upwork and just starting as a freelancer here. My area of expertise is audio (mixing ,engineering, creating sfx, audio restoration ....) also I am musician capable of creating jingles, songs and radio elements..

Luckily I had one job here and client was very happy with my work, but unfortunatelly nobody else is even replying to my proposals (I have watched online tutorials about writing proposals, introducting as a freelancer, writing cv and so on...)

Can somebody help me a bit of how did you start freelancing as Audio Enginner/Producer/SFX creator here on upwork, and maybe give me some advice, I'd be very grateful .

Big Thanks in advance

Miroslav

5 REPLIES 5
tasamil
Community Member

You need portfolio with samples of your work. Your overview is well-written, but too long (you can definitely leave it that way, just be aware that most clients won't bother reading it after 4,5 sentences, so put what you consider essential at the top). I don't know if there are any Upwork tests for your field. If there are, consider taking them. In general, adding portfolio is the most important thing, I'd say(considering here just things that depend on you). 

tasamil
Community Member

*And to add, first few sentences in your overview are a bit too salesy for my taste, but many people would actually like it. **also repetition your your

Thank You Natasha!!!

What about clients? Try to start on smaller projects or submit proposals for more advanced ones?

Kind Regards

Miroslav

You are welcome. I would go for both short-term and long-term, as long as the price is ok for you.

You can combine long-term contracts with short-term contracts. Short-term contracts can help you get JSS fast but, on the other hand, with a good long-term contract, you don't care if you have JSS or not and you don't waste time applying and searching for new jobs every few weeks. But yes, I'd recommend both. 

Thanks for fast reply!!!

Kind regards!

Miroslav